Thread: Help! Needs some hands on training

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! Needs some hands on training

Idk if i should be asking this here but is there anyone on this forum from minnesota or southern minnesota that could help me out with setting up my display using vixen. I have 2 renards ss24 and have a pretty basic setup. Here a youtube video of my display its not good and some stuff i change since that video was made. I posted this question on the do it yourself christmas facebook group and was told to try and post it here. https://youtu.be/OnzZkoiPyMw

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! Needs some hands on training

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie1986 View Post
    Idk if i should be asking this here but is there anyone on this forum from minnesota or southern minnesota that could help me out with setting up my display using vixen. I have 2 renards ss24 and have a pretty basic setup. Here a youtube video of my display its not good and some stuff i change since that video was made. I posted this question on the do it yourself christmas facebook group and was told to try and post it here. https://youtu.be/OnzZkoiPyMw
    Double post sorry, see below
    Last edited by XmasinVancouver; 10-15-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada, so maybe a stretch for hands on in minnesota. But I would be happy to help you in any way you need. It's the pay it forward philosophy as I was in your position needing help with that stuff. I have decent experience with vixen as well. Pm me

Also just starting a Facebook group as a takeoff from my displays main page because I was getting questions about it, and the viewer just wanting to see some lights doesn't care about triacs and pixels lol. Group is "Light it up like Griswold" https://facebook.com/groups/24640566...?ref=bookmarks

Feel free to join. Still early days as it's 3 days old, but this community has always been generous with its knowledge and support. Consider that an open invitation to all of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you and i just sent a invite to join your group. Reason why i ask for hands is because then i could ask questions face to face with someone and have them kinda walk me through it all and how to set up my display in the element section. I just feel like im totally lost and tried watching videos on youtube and seem like every one of them is explaining how to set up a display with using pixels. like i said my display is very basic has a mixture of led light strings and incandescent light strings. I just wanted to upgrade from using the old gemmy sound and light show system.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you and i just sent a invite to join your group. Reason why i ask for hands is because then i could ask questions face to face with someone and have them kinda walk me through it all and how to set up my display in the element section. I just feel like im totally lost and tried watching videos on youtube and seem like every one of them is explaining how to set up a display with using pixels. like i said my display is very basic has a mixture of led light strings and incandescent light strings. I just wanted to upgrade from using the old gemmy sound and light show system.
    When I started, I had a guy named James (Tazchalet) offer to TeamViewer to me, and although I was really unsure at the time about letting someone I didn't know yet on my pc, it was absolutely crucial to getting it down without wasting countless hours. Also, there's a one click killswitch with TeamViewer lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    When I started, I had a guy named James (Tazchalet) offer to TeamViewer to me, and although I was really unsure at the time about letting someone I didn't know yet on my pc, it was absolutely crucial to getting it down without wasting countless hours. Also, there's a one click killswitch with TeamViewer lol
    I wont mind doing that too! Just so i have some knowledge on how to set things up and be able to sequence songs. When james did the teamviewer with you did he set things up for you or did he explain stuff too you and work with ya so you understood everything?

Post Thanks / Like

I am also willing to try and help out where possible as well. I can make videos on certain topics if there are specific things you want to learn about. I always have trouble figuring out what a topic for a video should be, but once I have one I can make them pretty easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    I am also willing to try and help out where possible as well. I can make videos on certain topics if there are specific things you want to learn about. I always have trouble figuring out what a topic for a video should be, but once I have one I can make them pretty easy.
    I think i get setting stuff up using elements. xmasinvancouver explained the whole element to me. I think the hard part is setting up my display in vixen and then trying to sequence them also. I got another question i have a front sidewalk that leads up to my front door seperating my front yard and i hate running extension cords across the walk way so i was gunna put a controller on each part of the yard. My question is should i run them as seperate controllers or link then together as to run them together?