Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roof Lighting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Roof Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    Little_b,
    That roof matrix is cool! I have to ask, as I see snow on the ground, how do you keep the roof matrix clear in the winter?
    I have had snow on it every year. Sometimes as deep as 3-4 inches, but the lights shine through just fine. In fact I like the look better when the whole thing is covered. It's when it starts melting and only part of it is covered that it starts to look weird. Here's a quick clip from a few years back before it grew to the size it is today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZrZsIlbfI

As far as taking it down, it's usually about late March, early April. The roof faces NNW so it doesn't melt super fast, but I use it for each holiday until I take it down.
    Last edited by Little_b; 10-24-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats cool, kinda like a built in diffuser. Probably would'nt work for me. Snow gets too deep here in Alaska most years. But with global warming, who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post
    I built a 32' x '16' pixel matrix for my roof. I used pixel nodes and HC's Pixnets. For years I had been doing a "greeting card" picture out of regular lights and blacking out the bulbs that don't fit the picture. Then I got into pixels and figured, why not make the matrix that I could play movie clips and many pictures. Here's a link to my more recent videos. If you look at the ones from 2013 or 2014 you can see the old pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG9...EmJcqCiwmYY9sg

My roof is lined with Strips, started with dumb strips then changed them out to Smart Strips. The year I used pixabulbs everyone asked where the strips went, so the strips came back. That's why I use them. In my "Behind the Scenes" video at around the 7:06 mark, it shows how I hung them. I've had strips on my house for many years and really only had a handful of sections (of 3 lights) that had to be replaced. They are not as easy to fix as nodes, that's for sure. So keep that in mind in your decision as well.
    Would like to get hands on copy of that song in one of your videos ď hey come look at my house ď willing to purchase just canít find it . Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12