Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FPP Channel Outputs Setup Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP Channel Outputs Setup Question

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    davdue, use Master/Remote. I doing just what you stated. config your show with FPP on master. Verify your second sequence for the Tune To: is the same size as the Show Sequence.....down to the fraction of a second. just load that second file with the SAME name onto the remote. All should work, and you shouldn't notice any delays.
    Alright how do you keep them straight on the computer you run Vixen on? Currently I have 2 projects: Vixen 3 Christmas 2019 and Vixen 3 2019 Tuneto Sign. For example the sequences are named like this in each respectively: Boughs of Holly - TSO 2019 & Boughs of Holly Sign. Why do they need to match? Doesn't the fact that each PI has it's own output configuration work? The PI 3 (show PI) has just the lights config and the PI Zero (sign PI) has just the matrix config in the channel outputs.

Granted I haven't tried anything yet other than setting up the PI's. I have the parts to build the sign and can hook it up and few pixels/lights for the show to check it out. Just haven't gotten there yet.
    Last edited by davdue; 10-15-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

The sequence name Needs to be the same on both FPPs for the sync to work. I think there’s also an option to include the host name of each FPP instance into the sequence for that host. But I don’t know the details about that off the top of my head.
    It sounds like you have two completely separate profiles for vixen. That’s fine if that’s what you want to do. You just need to have the same sequence names in both profile and they’ll export fine. Since you have two profiles the sequences for each profile will be in the appropriate profile folders so it won’t matter to vixen or the PC that they’re the same name.
    The other way to do it is all in one profile. Then you can set up export configurations for each pi selecting just the controllers you want to export for each pi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    Alright how do you keep them straight on the computer you run Vixen on? Currently I have 2 projects: Vixen 3 Christmas 2019 and Vixen 3 2019 Tuneto Sign. For example the sequences are named like this in each respectively: Boughs of Holly - TSO 2019 & Boughs of Holly Sign. Why do they need to match? Doesn't the fact that each PI has it's own output configuration work? The PI 3 (show PI) has just the lights config and the PI Zero (sign PI) has just the matrix config in the channel outputs.

Granted I haven't tried anything yet other than setting up the PI's. I have the parts to build the sign and can hook it up and few pixels/lights for the show to check it out. Just haven't gotten there yet.
    As I understand, with Master/Slave, the Master is in charge. It does all of the hand shacking. So you have song named Jingle Bells, the Master sends out a message, says "next is Jingle Bells", all of slaves look for that sequence, when they find it they send back "ready". Then the master says, "ready, set, start". This way all will play at the same time. Now, all of that happens in a fraction of a second, but FPP will be looking for the same sequence name. This way you only need to have a play sequence on the master and all of the slaves only need the sequences.

Post Thanks / Like

That’s close. But not exactly. The multisync communication is one way only. Only the master talks. It sends out packets every few seconds that says something to the effect of “sequence name, current time”. Its basically a “now playing” message. It’s the remote’s job to load up the appropriate sequence and seek to the time matching the sync packet. The remotes do not communicate the status back to the master.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I find it best to have a separate profile file for the Tune To sign. Two things happen. First the number of channels are not included in the Song Sequence. I have profile Christmas, and a profile P5-3X4 and another Profile P5-2X2. Separate profiles allows for same name files without confusion. Just need to upload your FPP with the correct files.

Second; This process also allows me to use my 3X4 panel, 2X2 Panel, or Both - and with or without a sequence.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I find it best to have a separate profile file for the Tune To sign. Two things happen. First the number of channels are not included in the Song Sequence. I have profile Christmas, and a profile P5-3X4 and another Profile P5-2X2. Separate profiles allows for same name files without confusion. Just need to upload your FPP with the correct files.

Second; This process also allows me to use my 3X4 panel, 2X2 Panel, or Both - and with or without a sequence.
    Both ways are valid ways to do it. The separate profile method used to be more important than it is now. We’ve greatly improved things for higher channel counts. Especially when you have the controllers disabled. Having things together helps you to see it all play at once in preview. It largely depends on your sequencing content and how important that may be to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Jon, I find it very slow loading and operating the sequencer while building the sequence when both are mixed, but agree, both work.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

mikeh65, just copy the co-universes.json file into your Fpp3\fpp\config directory.
    I do it in windows file explorer. Open the file explores, select network, click on FPP, select directory.
    mrGrumpy, I am missing something. I don't see a co-universes.json file in the export. I am on Vixen 3.5u4. I have not upgraded yet to the latest version. I did see in my Pi the file and directory you refer to. Is this something new to Vixen 3.6?

Post Thanks / Like

One more doublecheck of understanding. So I will set it up Master/Remote with both sequence names the same. My show sequence has 14 universes and my sign sequence has 12 universes starting at universe 15. When I look at the json file is says 6145 channels that is correct for a double sided 1x2 P10 matrix (I believe). So I will copy the two attached files to each PI with the sign one going to the RPI Zero. I have zipped them up since the forum won't allow attachment of .json files. Is my understanding correct?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh65 View Post
    mrGrumpy, I am missing something. I don't see a co-universes.json file in the export. I am on Vixen 3.5u4. I have not upgraded yet to the latest version. I did see in my Pi the file and directory you refer to. Is this something new to Vixen 3.6?
    If I recall the history correctly I believe that the co-universes.json file was added in the 3.6 version. 3.5 only supported FPP 1.x and that used a different format.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast