Thread: DMX address to multi-channel fixture ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default DMX address to multi-channel fixture ...

Hi,

I am interested to find out which DMX address was assigned to a fixture/prop. I have some PAR lights, 7 channels each. Initially setting them up I made 6 channels - OPPS! Okay, corrected that. I might have unpatched them AFTER I changed the channel count before repatching them - I have six unused addresses that should be used.

I was checking the UNUSED outputs and found a gap which would explain why some things did not work as intended. The graphical shows me some information but not which PROP channel is assigned to which DMX port on the controller - or did I miss something?

I can back track and unpatch the channels back to where I think the problem started - or do I need to start over and repatch the props. It would be great to be able to select multiple patch points to unpatch instead of one at a time ...

I have 320 channels (pixels not in use) in one universe so it is not a real big deal.

Thanks!
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DMX address to multi-channel fixture ...

Select the patched channel on the controller you are interested in tracking back to the source. Under the list box for the controllers is a spreadsheet looking icon. Click that and it will select the source element in the left tree that is patched to it. If you are in graphical view it will show you all the connections. If you are in graphical view, try not to select a whole bunch of inputs, or it can take a while to draw them.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DMX address to multi-channel fixture ...

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I am still "GREEN" and learning the ins and outs ... with some success

Got this figured out so not to be too clumsy doing things.
    -Eddie

The missus wants to ride!