Thread: Diffrent Connectors Sizeing and Identification

Post Thanks / Like

Default Diffrent Connectors Sizeing and Identification

Has anyone seen a specification chart of all the different common connector types used with pixels? I remember seeing something but can not find a detailed data sheet.

I am in the process of deciding what type of connectors to use in my setup, small right now only a few 100 pixels. I have a bag of one type I can not identify and a few strings from DIY Express that don't look like the ones they are selling. A little confused as to what I have at the moment.

Pictured below(left) the connectors I have had for a while and can not identify, I thought they were xconnect but seem too small, (right) on a string of pixels from DIY Express. Can anyone identify?

20191013_223305.jpg

Here is a link to wired watts with some information: https://www.wiredwatts.com/learn-connectors

I would like to find this information and keep it here so it can be searched up later.
    Mostly C9 Light Show, powered by Arduino. 48A Full On last year. "It feels like a carnival"
    https://www.facebook.com/ItsaDillonChristmas/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Diffrent Connectors Sizeing and Identification

I'd really love to find panel mount versions of these connectors to use with enclosures but I'm not sure they exist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by piense View Post
    I'd really love to find panel mount versions of these connectors to use with enclosures but I'm not sure they exist.
    Thatís why Iíve been using XLR. Theyíve held up well over the years, super convenient, and available in all different forms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post
    Thatís why Iíve been using XLR. Theyíve held up well over the years, super convenient, and available in all different forms.
    Thatís a good idea. Iíve been debating True1 connectors for the power inlet, might have to put a neutrik order together today. Ethercon for data would be nice too now that I think about it. Only downside to this plan is the cost to my wallet, but having a durable enclosure should pay off right?

Post Thanks / Like

Most use Cable Glands (not sure the size) to seal the cable through the enclosure. This would be the same, or as close to, panel mount

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Thatís a good idea. Iíve been debating True1 connectors for the power inlet, might have to put a neutrik order together today. Ethercon for data would be nice too now that I think about it. Only downside to this plan is the cost to my wallet, but having a durable enclosure should pay off right?
    I actually use the SpeakOn for the 12V power input to each controller (I keep one central PSU, then distribute the 12V to each controller). I wouldnít use SpeakOn for an AC input.

Post Thanks / Like

Neutrik PowerCon connectors have served us well on our sound racks. I don't see why they wouldn't work with the DIY stuff.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I also really like the options they have for the color-coding of the bands and gaskets...