Thread: Best way to swap out one element for another?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best way to swap out one element for another?

I originally planned for my 2019 display to have four 16" Boscoyo snow flakes incorporated into it but have since decided they need to be bigger. However, I have already finished sequencing all the songs for the display. What is the easiest way to go in and swap the 16" for the 24" version? The 16" version has 36 nodes and the 24" has 50 nodes. I was thinking I could go in and add the four 24" flakes and then copy and paste the sequences from the 16" over the top. I'll then have to re-patch everything and update the outputs on the falcon controller too. Is there an easier way in vixen to make the swap? I know I'll have to re-patch regardless.

Thanks,

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best way to swap out one element for another?

I think I'm answering my own thread again, should have searched a bit more first. I think my exact question was covered in this post:

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...isting-display

Post Thanks / Like

It all depends how you have the sequencing done on the snowflakes and whether you used subgroups or not, and if the new flakes have the same kind of subgroups as the original. If they're just flat groups of pixels, you could just edit the existing props to add 14 more element nodes to each snowflake. Assuming you didn't do any effects on the individual node elements, Vixen will just rerender it to the adjusted groups. You can remove the smaller flakes from preview and select the element group again and redraw the props.
    But if you've got anything more complex in there, it could just be easier to add the new snowflakes, and then copy the sequencing from the old row to the new one (whole row at a time) and then delete the old ones once you've copied everything over.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m close but it isn’t working. Extended the strings in display setup. Then went into setup previews and added the new props. Deleted the old props and relinked the element to them. Saved and went into a sequence but they don’t fire in the preview now. When I go back into preview they seem to be unlinked again though they show as linked.

0B3B39E3-B195-43CB-B375-4C45EB07EBC7.jpeg
    49F2151B-4BC0-4B53-8009-DD3533B03536.jpeg
    E581F11E-5A2D-4F5D-935D-643D2443C923.jpeg
    CC8210BD-D583-4521-B512-38C37E8C98D0.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

When you redrew the new props in preview, did you first click the element in the list and then select the drawing tool and then draw?