Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1" pex arch base material

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 1" pex arch base material

History repeating itself.

In the early days (2011), we made arches using a cable and hooks on the ends. Hook one end, then bend the arch(usually PVC pipe) into the "arch shape" and secure it by "hooking" the other end with the wire. Worked (and still works) really well. Your strap is another version of it.

There were many different methods of holding the arch up, including (but not limited to) a rod in each end, or one sticking up and holding the middle of the arch, or ...

The only thing of concern is the stretch factor of the strap. How steady is it? Any give?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    History repeating itself.

In the early days (2011), we made arches using a cable and hooks on the ends. Hook one end, then bend the arch(usually PVC pipe) into the "arch shape" and secure it by "hooking" the other end with the wire. Worked (and still works) really well. Your strap is another version of it.

There were many different methods of holding the arch up, including (but not limited to) a rod in each end, or one sticking up and holding the middle of the arch, or ...

The only thing of concern is the stretch factor of the strap. How steady is it? Any give?
    Well that's what I was trying to test so I wouldn't find out the hard way if it took out all my strips when it snapped. So far, weird looking Indiana Jones testing shows its solid. I haven't seen any relaxing or stretching od the material (measured it). The only give is when the pex is pushed inwards, because the strap is flexible, but it remains taut and returns to tension. And yes, absolutely, there is many ways. I'm not recommending this as the way to go, it's entirely based on where you use them and the environmental factors. But still a nice discovery considering that it's so cheap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post
    I am putting Pex Arches for the first time this year in between my candy canes along the side walk. For ease of set up, I have put 1-1/4" pvc pipe in the ground and screwed a piece of 1" pvc pipe on the candy canes. 1" pipe slides into the 1-1/4" nicely. So I have now attached a 1" Plus Fitting onto the candy cane with a piece of 1" pipe running vertical. On the Horizontal I have attached a 1" x 1/2" 90deg elbow. The 1" pex tubing fits over the 1/2" PVC Pipe with a small bolt through it to keep it from twisting. I drilled a hole through the bottom of the elbow to allow the connector for the lights to fit through. I figured the hole there will allow any water to drain that might get inside. Lights are water protected so not too worried there.
    Thought I'd add some photos to help describe my ramblings.
    Attachment 41877 Attachment 41878 Attachment 41879 Attachment 41880 Attachment 41881

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post
    Thought I'd add some photos to help describe my ramblings.
    Attachment 41877 Attachment 41878 Attachment 41879 Attachment 41880 Attachment 41881
    Just a heads up, all those attachments go to a page saying they are invalid and to contact admin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xmasinvancouver View Post
    just a heads up, all those attachments go to a page saying they are invalid and to contact admin
    [attach=config]41918[/attach Arch Base.jpg Candy Cane Base.jpg Arch Corner.jpg Arch elbow.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123