Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running Megatree zig zag starting from the top

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Running Megatree zig zag starting from the top

you could do a flat tree. with pixel effects it will be fine and might even improve images.

Post Thanks / Like

Iím with Martin...I would add wire, but how many pixels are you doing per string. I did 50 so I could use Pixel connectors to pigtails at top, and pixel connector to pixel connector at the bottom. Arenít you doing 50 per strand too.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    i would be adding 3" of wire at each leg to reduce rension. pixels hate tension on the wire.
    Couldn't agree more. I guess that is more or less what I should have asked up front. I ended up doing that last year with my mini trees, because I zig zagged, but then when it hit the bottom and had to shift over, the gap wasn't enough. So I Ended up with 8 pixel strings hacked up in 4 places having to splice in 3 wires in each spot to make it work. And work it did, except this year, I'm not using that same mini tree setup, so I'm stuck with a bunch of strings with extra wire I have had to partially remove lol. I guess I was wondering if I should go down that road for the mega tree, if I wanted to run the controller from the deck. Trying to figure out if that was worth it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12