Thread: Landscape lighting app

Post Thanks / Like

Default Landscape lighting app

Is there an app that I could use with a falcon controller for landscape lighting instead of using test mode or a computer? If not, is there a controller out there that would work for landscape lighting? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Landscape lighting app

The Falcon F16v3 can run sequences directly from a micro SD card if the latest version of the firmware is installed. An F16 is overkill for a landscape lighting system, imho.

Falcon Player (“FPP”), a Raspberry Pi, and a Falcon PiCap together also create an extremely capable “smart pixel” system that can be used for landscape lighting. FPP has a scheduler capable of running multiple sequences at different times of the day/night. This would be my choice unless you’re running more than a couple thousand lights, and will only cost around $70. Or use a Beaglebone Black with one of Dan Kulp’s capes. Same result, but the BBB costs a little more.

Or do you mean software that will allow you to tell the controller what to do other than run in test mode? If so, that would be Xlights or Vixen?
    Last edited by Kensington; 10-04-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a raspberry pi 3b+ with a pihat in an enclosure on the outside of my house. it's sole function in life is to control my landscape lights. I did a couple of short sequences, one nightly, and a couple of themed ones for holidays and they run on a schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about using the a FPP, but haven’t made one yet. I’m more interested in being able to manipulate the colors from my phone. I might have to look in another direction to accomplish what I want. The only reason I was wondering about falcon is because I have the F4v3. Did this get the software upgrade to use the SD card to run the show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The ESPixelStick may be something you would like. When set in test mode, you can can select the color from a full palette on your phone via the web UI. For straight on/off functionality with color variation, that would work just fine.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're just looking to manually control the lights with an app you can use SP105E Magic Controller. Very cheap and works pretty well. I use one on my patio.