Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick and easy lighted candy canes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Quick and easy lighted candy canes

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Lights need to be super bright type the foggy or duller ones donít work as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you considered using PEX (also available at HomeDepot) instead of PVC?

Iíve been really happy with the color-transparency (rendering?) of the PEX tubing. Iíve noticed that the PEX tubing is also pretty formable, just by running hot water through it.

I use 1Ē PEX for my arches and 1/2Ē for my icicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post
    Have you considered using PEX (also available at HomeDepot) instead of PVC?

Iíve been really happy with the color-transparency (rendering?) of the PEX tubing. Iíve noticed that the PEX tubing is also pretty formable, just by running hot water through it.

I use 1Ē PEX for my arches and 1/2Ē for my icicles.
    Yes but for a large candy cane I wanted something solid that wonít bend or break or get crushed in storage. I made them originally or day time Decor . When I was setting up Halloween I found some extra lights and thought Iíd try it and it looked good at night too so thought Iíd share .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Plan is in the ground ground ... working on trying a few diff options Iíll post what works best soon as I get it right .
    For something like that, I use electric fence poles. https://www.ruralking.com/electric-f...und-5-16-24900. It is only about $1.00 each when you by a bundle of 25. I simply drive it so the spade is just into the ground and that gives me about 36" inside the PVC.

-Tony
    Tony
    Live since 2007
    Putting the Yule back into Yuletide

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 several candy cane fans made of store bought candy canes that I am considering reworking. They were slammed together quickly with zipties and coroplast base and they are flimsy

Several comments so far:
    I like the way yours look and the fact that you can make as many as you want.
    I need to test the translucency of PVC.
    I like the plywood jig. It took me several closer looks to identify that it was 2 sheets of plywood stacked up. The wood grain lined up so it was difficult to make out the layers.
    I need to test the formability of PEX. I know it is translucent, but will it hold a bend after heating and cooling?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    I have 3 several candy cane fans made of store bought candy canes that I am considering reworking. They were slammed together quickly with zipties and coroplast base and they are flimsy

Several comments so far:
    I like the way yours look and the fact that you can make as many as you want.
    I need to test the translucency of PVC.
    I like the plywood jig. It took me several closer looks to identify that it was 2 sheets of plywood stacked up. The wood grain lined up so it was difficult to make out the layers.
    I need to test the formability of PEX. I know it is translucent, but will it hold a bend after heating and cooling?
    Pvc Iíve tested will need thin wall some work some donít trial and error

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12