Thread: Finally got FPP 3.2 loaded on my Rasberry pi but cant get wireless to work?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally got FPP 3.2 loaded on my Rasberry pi but cant get wireless to work?

so i got 3.2V loaded i know 3.3 just came out but rather not have the newest in case of bugs...
    anyhow i went to the net connections and picked the wirless router put in the info and all but it seems when i unplug the ethernet cable it does nothing after that.
    Ive loaded some Seqs into it. Im guessing they have to tbe the 2.6+ ones now when i convert or they will not work?
    but im getting nothing to my box

is there a way to leave the Pi hooked to the ethernet cable and just use my lil red usb485 adaptor hooked to the usb slot on the Pi? if so what kinda controller would i need to tell it im using?
    at first was trying to just use the LOR

Thanks
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Finally got FPP 3.2 loaded on my Rasberry pi but cant get wireless to work?

I dont use wireless on my PI at all so, yes you can leave the PI attached to an ethernet network.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Finally got FPP 3.2 loaded on my Rasberry pi but cant get wireless to work?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    I dont use wireless on my PI at all so, yes you can leave the PI attached to an Ethernet network.
    so are you using the LOR adapter to run the CBT16 boxes or whatever boxes your using? What controller would you tell it your using then?
    or or you able to hook it up a different way?
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

mostly using f16s that are also on the ethernet. a few renards using usb adapters.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    mostly using f16s that are also on the ethernet. a few renards using usb adapters.
    So your USB adapters are what from USB to Ethernet? what Controller do you pick in the FPP configure part
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

USB-to-RS485 to renard controller.configured as renard
    Ethernet hub with connections to the fpp and some controllers. Controllers configured as E1.31 generic devices.

Post Thanks / Like

if anyone knows of a great video showing how to make the adaptor 485 work with the Pi be great ive spent all afternoon looking at videos and reading on all kinda sites and i still cant get it to work. i have less then a week to light up for October 1st and doesn't look like im going to get to.
    ive had so many issues.
    Last edited by Pcguy17; 09-25-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

it shows up as a generic serial port. you choose your protocol, select the port to send it to and go.