Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Explode effect for text

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Explode effect for text

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Great video , watching now . Vixen is looking real good ! almost lol ! makes me want to give it a play .
    I tried vixen in 2011 and could not get passed the port error issue etc .
    This new version looks well improved gui wise . Wonder if you could do a real quick video showing how to config an e131 controller with pixels and output to lights and be functional at output .

I don't think it could be faster than HLS for ease . But for my own knowledge .I would like to see it done .

Thanks for posting this video .

Vixen is nothing like it was in 2011 and thoughts should not be based on that. You really need to grab the latest and give it a run to truly see how easy and great it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I just figured out how to make scattered letters come together as words.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to share this. For the text to be straight, the bottom 2 dots need to be at the same coordinates. In this case 50. Otherwise, your letters will be up and down when they come together and not lined up.

Post Thanks / Like

You may of wanted all white, however did you see you can do it with multiple colors. When I created the explode I also added the ability to change each letters color. So add multiple colors then select cycle color per character.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on updating the text effect. My wife (the one who sequences our show) has been asking about doing something like changing text color in a word as well as what you have incorporated in the Explode and Fall effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarmstr View Post
    You may of wanted all white, however did you see you can do it with multiple colors. When I created the explode I also added the ability to change each letters color. So add multiple colors then select cycle color per character.
    I just used white because I was just testing. I did also do the color changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarmstr View Post
    Vixen is nothing like it was in 2011 and thoughts should not be based on that. You really need to grab the latest and give it a run to truly see how easy and great it is.
    The 45 min video Pmiller provided was interesting and informative
    I gotta stick with HLS though as I know it fluidly and have output in virtually a couple of minutes .

I do know that it takes longer to explain rather than to do things .

Vixen3 would definitely be my next choice for sequencer should the need arise . Once I have some free time and clear head space I will give it a play .
    Presently brain dead with getting halloween props mastered .
    Thanks again for this info .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12