Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do between Halloween and Christmas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What to do between Halloween and Christmas?

Christmas starts going up long before Halloween and Christmas display live on Thanksgiving night. 200 hours to setup display so I setup October and November. No time for Halloween... Can we move it to another month?

Post Thanks / Like

I started last year doing Halloween show and just leaving most things in place and add the Christmas show items. Reading this makes me think I could put some turkey animations on the grid and trees and also some soft Autumn colors on the pixels with no sounds. Then flip the switch on Black Friday.
    Love LEDs!

Post Thanks / Like

Atmos FX sells a fun turkey animation. My kids loved watching the turkey running back and forth all month.

Post Thanks / Like

That unit is in the budget for my show expansion next year. Do you know if the videos can be triggered by Vixen or a PI player?
    Love LEDs!

Post Thanks / Like

I play Adam Sandler's Thanksgiving Song (Saturday Night Live). My PVC arches get fitted with fan-like string light arrangements, so that they look like NBC peacocks (or turkeys). Certainly easy to power inject. I immediately recolor all my pixels using new Xlights sequences so that there is a lot less white (from Halloween), a little less red, no purple, and replace it with more orange and yellow. I share my Xlights Layout between Halloween and Thanksgiving--since that is, after all, what I am doing for real.

Everybody knows you're retooling your house/venue for Christmas during that time. So I'm setting up my megatree and spinners on the house, and they just play Thanksgiving harvest colors at night and zero green. Overtly Christmas stuff like Santa Claus hats, candy canes, etc. wait until last. But regardless, if they're pixels, they're getting Thanksgiving colors until Black Friday. Or they're just not getting turned on.

I just had the same problem this month, from setting up for Halloween early. I just played my pixels blue-on-top and yellow-on-bottom, in Ukraine flag colors. But now that it's the end of the month, I switched to Halloween.
    Last edited by 1pet2_9; 09-28-2022 at 04:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomsLEDs View Post
    That unit is in the budget for my show expansion next year. Do you know if the videos can be triggered by Vixen or a PI player?
    you don't need to buy anything besides the videos. They come as MP4 files. Most of the videos are in the $10-30 range.

I use the turkey on my projector. FPP plays the video file out the HDMI port directly to the projector which projects on the inside of the blinds in the front room. That's all that particular FPP does. It runs as it's own master. Basically just powers up the projector at a certain time, loops the video over and over until midnight, then powers it down.

If you wanted to play it on a matrix you could use the video file in a video effect in vixen and export it and play it as a sequence on a pi. (assuming you have it set up the way most people in the Christmas hobby have them set up, as opposed to as a video display)

Post Thanks / Like

My matrix display is not high enough resolution, so was hoping to trigger videos to play on the projector when called out by Vixen on the FPP.
    Love LEDs!

Post Thanks / Like

You can do that too. Either by multisync, or via FPP commands to trigger video rolls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12