Thread: Spin Effect from existing sequences not working in 3.6u1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spin Effect from existing sequences not working in 3.6u1

I am using the spin effect on the hands of my guitar playing snowman to simulate the Strumming and Cord changing. The existing effect works fine in builds up to and including 899 (the last one I installed) but tonight when I installed 3.6u1, build 911, they are not functioning (see screenshots) Now if I add a Spin effect, it works fine. I have already opened a Bug Report, VIX-2839

Build 899: Spin 899.JPG

Build 911: Spin 911.JPG

Build 911 adding Spin Effect: Spin added 911.JPG
    Last edited by Ruppro; 09-23-2019 at 12:11 AM.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Spin Effect from existing sequences not working in 3.6u1

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    I am using the spin effect on the hands of my guitar playing snowman to simulate the Strumming and Cord changing. The existing effect works fine in builds up to and including 899 (the last one I installed) but tonight when I installed 3.6u1, build 911, they are not functioning (see screenshots) Now if I add a Spin effect, it works fine. I have already opened a Bug Report, VIX-2839

Build 899: Spin 899.JPG

Build 911: Spin 911.JPG

Build 911 adding Spin Effect: Spin added 911.JPG
    Sorry, I don't have a solution here for you, but I do have a request. Can you post a video of what that effect looks like in action? Even if it's just the preview playback? Sounds cool!

Post Thanks / Like

I found the issue. There was a new feature added in the last development cycle to provide more options to how the Spin and the Chase effect are applied. It is not properly setting the default selection for that on existing effects when they are loaded. For some element structures you may be able to change the setting yourself in the Behavior config at the top of the effect settings. Other element structures that feature may not be available. so replacing the effect will be the only option. I have a fix for it, but if any of the sequences have been saved, you will have to do one of the above fixes to resolve it.

I have a couple other bug fixes in the works, so we may have a short cycle until update 2 comes out as we shift to bug fix mode over feature build.

Post Thanks / Like

The fix for this is in the development builds now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I say Jon's announcement for 3.6u2
    Matt