Thread: Mini matrix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mini matrix

So my wife was asking me about something she wanted done, but this late in the year (and I am still not done with stuff) I am thinking it is a pipe dream.

I would need a handful of small matrices, say 12in x 12in, probably 8ish with maybe a spare (all numbers a swag). The 32x32 p10 panels are nice, but are pretty pricey and would still need to be weatherized.

I then thought maybe homemade 12x12 matrices with strips or bullets, but I am guessing between cost and build time, it is going to be too extreme as well.

Am I missing any other options? I just need simple things like a snowball, heart, or lightning bolt of them, so they don't need awesome resolution. I am just not sure there is anything that makes sense without costing a fortune this late in the year....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mini matrix

You have plenty of time to finish this project. Order the 1500 bullet pixels today and the strip and a couple of power supplies and the controllers and the pvc and the wire...nope you are right, too late to do it. 8-)

I actually think you could get this done. When the pixels and strip arrive, hand them to your wife with some pvc and some 90s and ask her to put them together. In the meantime, you can work on putting them in the show and getting some basic graphic designs completed. When she finishes mounting them, you hop back in and do the wiring including the power injection (use heavy wire incoming and split out the V+ and ground to both the beginning and end of each unit). Configure them up on some controller about 4 per output and away you go. :encouragement:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mini matrix

Sorry, this response never showed up for me, I just stumbled upon it.

I think of I didn't need to finish my other projects I could probably get //pretty// much get it it done. But I don't trust that I could get it all done .

I told the wifey maybe next year..... Thanks for the ideas though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]