Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3.6 build #872 not outputting to E682 controller, Please Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3.6 build #872 not outputting to E682 controller, Please Help

in general, it's fairly easy to adjust the size of simple groups in Vixen. SO for your rooflines, just pick a reasonable number of pixels and go ahead and sequence. It's quicker to adjust down than up, so try to guess on the high side. When you know the exact number, just adjust the number of pixels in the group. Delete or add as necessary. Vixen will adjust the sequencing appropriately.

Post Thanks / Like

will do, thanks Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Yes, i did that last night
    Great. As you can see it's going to be a lot easier setting up the outputs by singles instead of groups of 4. If you have a problem with setting up the 682, then just give me a list of what you have and I'll set up my 682 and send you a screen shot.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

well you did it, I got it all set up, and now will start playing around with the sequence.
    Thank-you again so much.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    well you did it, I got it all set up, and now will start playing around with the sequence.
    Thank-you again so much.

Ray
    Great news. Need anything else just holler.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw. Sequencing and all takes time, time you don't want to do again. Every night, day or after each sequencing session you should consider making a backup file. You won't regret it. At first I didn't save a backup and lost 40 hours of sequencing. Now I backup every day or after 2 hours of work.

Post Thanks / Like

good advise, I'll do that.
    Today ( I have off) so I'll be spending most of it sequencing.... may have some questions at the end of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Robotjam,

Thank you for posting this question. I spent 45 min reading through this forum hoping to find my problem. You had exactly what I had going on, and I could not figure it out.. I knew it had to be something simple. Pmiller was exactly right with his advice, once I seen his screen shots it hit me that I had to enable the universes during the display set up and select multicast.

Thank you Robotjam and Pmiller! I can now start hanging my lights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Here's an example of version 5.030 firmware. You will notice that I have a small number in 4-1. That's because I'm running Renards off that output. In order to run Renard you can only do it in groups of 4 outputs because you have to change a jumper on the 682 to balance the output. So basically outputs 4-2 to 4-4 are useless. I also included a screen shot if the Vixen controller setup. I have screen shots like the 3 I uploaded for all my controllers.

Hello Pmiller,
    Thanks for the help, your last screen shot was the spark I needed. 5.03 looks amazing for set up, I think it will eliminate a problem I have had for the last 4 years. Now if I can only get there. I just updated the firmware on my E682. That brought me up to 4.051 from 3.0something. However I'm not at the 5.03 that I want to be at. Any Ideas what I am doing wrong? Like Robotjam, I am no power user...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NickH View Post
    Hello Pmiller,
    Thanks for the help, your last screen shot was the spark I needed. 5.03 looks amazing for set up, I think it will eliminate a problem I have had for the last 4 years. Now if I can only get there. I just updated the firmware on my E682. That brought me up to 4.051 from 3.0something. However I'm not at the 5.03 that I want to be at. Any Ideas what I am doing wrong? Like Robotjam, I am no power user...
    You mean getting to 5.030?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast