Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3.6 build #872 not outputting to E682 controller, Please Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3.6 build #872 not outputting to E682 controller, Please Help

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Simple checklist,
    You can reach the webpage for the E682...connectivity = check!
    According to your screenshot for the upgrade, you are set for multi-cast...controller = check!
    Your vixen player config is set for multi-cast...player = check!

So, unless I am missing something, I think you are down to two things...
    Is your router/switch passing multi-cast? Is this the same you used last year? If yes, then router/switch = check!
    Are the universes set correctly in the E682 so they match Vixen? Without playing around, post current configs from both and we can take another look.

Unicast can be set by clicking the configure in the vixen config and then adding a destination (bottom of window) and then in the E682 by changing the radio button. But first let's see if your Vixen config and E682 match.
    here is the same Vixen pic I sent yesterday so far I have changed nothing. see first pic.
    here is the same E682 pic I sent yesterday so far I have changed nothing. see second pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Btw. I your controller web setup I noticed you have 1-1 to 1-4 set for 116 pixels on 2 outputs. Are you actually using 1-1 and 1-2 outputs on the controller? If not then change it to 1 output because the configuration is thinking you have 232 pixels attached. If you change it to 1 then the end channel would be 348 on universe 1 not universe 2.
    Actually I am using 1-1 and 1-2 because I have 2 arches , 58 rgb's each, and I wanted each of them to do some same animations and some different than each other animations and that setup seemed to work for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw. I your controller web setup I noticed you have 1-1 to 1-4 set for 116 pixels on 2 outputs. Are you actually using 1-1 and 1-2 outputs on the controller? If not then change it to 1 output because the configuration is thinking you have 232 pixels attached. If you change it to 1 then the end channel would be 348 on universe 1 not universe 2.
    Actually I am using 1-1 and 1-2 because I have 2 arches 58 rgb's each and wanted them to sometimes display the same animation and sometimes different or opposite animations and that setup seemed to work for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed on the 682 config page that the 1st 4 outputs have a different color order. Is that correct. You have it set to BRG and not RGB. That will affect any pixels attached to 1-1 to 1-4 even if you have RGB pixels attached to 1-3 and 1-4. It will change the colors of the RGB pixels.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Deleted due to incorrect supplied info.
    Last edited by pmiller; 09-22-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think one of your issues is the controller setup. For the 1st 4 outputs you have 116 using 2 outputs. The controller is thinking you have 232 pixels attached because it has an end channel of 186 and the end channel should be 348. If you take 116 x 2= 232 x 3 equals 696 minus 510 equals 186 so yes, you need to change outputs from 2 to 1. When you do that then your total number of universes will only be 2 not 3 because you only have 290 pixels for 870 channels.
    In Vixen controller setup #1 would be 510 and #2 would be 360. You need to delete everything below #2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robotjam View Post
    Actually I am using 1-1 and 1-2 because I have 2 arches , 58 rgb's each, and I wanted each of them to do some same animations and some different than each other animations and that setup seemed to work for me.
    Change the 116 to 58 because the controller page is doubling whatever number you have entered. It's confusing until you get the latest firmware and then you should be able to understand it better. That will change the number of universes from 3 to 2 as I explained in the previous post.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, another nice feature of the firmware is the dimmer. I run my lights at 25%. You can see that in the pic I posted.

Post Thanks / Like

This needs to be changed.
    #1 start 1 Universe 1 510 channels
    #2 start 511 Universe 2 360 channels

Delete all the rest.

Last edited by pmiller; 09-22-2019 at 11:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This needs to be changed.
    #1 start 1 Universe 1 510 channels
    #2 start 511 Universe 2 360 channels

Delete all the rest.

I absolutely agree with all your above posts Pmiller. One thing though in terms of resolving his issue, although we know the setup isn't quite right, he states that he has been able to run his show for multiple seasons with the EXACT setup and build left untouched. So it's unlikely to be the actual issue unless he is mixed up about the settings being the same. I think you are on the right track. A password change in the router should make zero difference, but if it's the exact same router as the prior years, it's very possible that a firmware upgrade or settings have been changed. Or, heck, even if you haven't changed anything, routers are assholes sometimes lol. I would know based on how many calls I get about them. It wouldn't hurt to upgrade the firmware on the router if that's something possible for you. I've seen that resolve quite a few things

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast