Thread: Bullet to Square not working

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bullet to Square not working

I am confused. I am replacing my roof line with bullet pixels. I have older square pixels on my verticals. I have already tested, and it worked fine, a run that starts with square pixels then switches to bullet pixels. Basically half of my roof. I am now trying to get the other half to work. This starts with bullet pixels and ends with the square ones. This does not work. The square ones won't work. I've checked the square run by itself and it works fine. I've put extra bullet pixels at the end of the bullet run and they work. I confirmed that the 12v, GND, and Data lines are matched up. It just seems to stop at the transition point. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mikeh65; 09-19-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bullet to Square not working

If both Pixel runs work OK independently then check the end connectors for corrosion, check the end connectors for debris and try a shorter run of fewer pixels to verify the end connectors are OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be an issue with the old timing protocol of the strings versus the new string protocol. It did change about 2 yrs ago. Instead of mixing strings on the same port, does the problem go away with all the same type of pixels on one port?
    Last edited by aknflyer; 09-20-2019 at 01:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

that protocol change only impacts the first pixel in the chain. After you get through a pixel or two the "idle" time is huge.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vwbugjpt View Post
    If both Pixel runs work OK independently then check the end connectors for corrosion, check the end connectors for debris and try a shorter run of fewer pixels to verify the end connectors are OK.
    Connector is not an issue. Have direct wired to single square pixel at end or bullets, no go. Have direct wired left over bullets and they work fine. I don't think run length is an issue. Same controller and PS have had longer runs connected without issues. Current test is 43 Bullet Pixel that are to connect to 17 Square Pixels.
    Last edited by mikeh65; 09-20-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Update, forget the issue. I flip flopped my verticals side to side. Just to test. That works. It might be something to do with the first Pixel on the one vertical, but if I have it and number one pixel all works fine. You got me, but it's working.