Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie looking for TR16/FPP/Vixen help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie looking for TR16/FPP/Vixen help

You can't have both the WiFi and Wired connected to the same network at the same time, yes it will turn off the WiFi. You should set a different network (192.168.10.x) for eth0 and that would be your "Show" network not part of your home network.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I get the WIFI to work I can login and change the eth0. I donít want to mess up and lock myself out of the PI by changing the only port I can talk to currently. I tried a few more things last night but canít get the PI to connect to the WiFi router. Do I need to setup the PI with a display and do it through the command interface?

Really thought getting the WiFi to work was going to be easier than this.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the things you'll constantly run into with networking is that your browser cache will sometimes lead you down a rabbit hole... always, always, always clear your browser cache before you start to configure any networking through a browser, which is what you have to do with FPP.

Your router can also be a PITA, as some of them retain previous connection information in their own cache for a time, which can also throw your diagnostic efforts into a tailspin. Solution: power down, wait about a half-minute, restart the router. Obviously this isn't a very good solution for home networking, but it shouldn't be a problem if your show network is separate from your home network.

http://digwdf.org/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for two years, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys. Took a break from the networking stuff to get some more macro stuff done around the house. I logged into FPP locally on the Pi3 with a monitor. Under wlan0 it shows Ethernet. Is there an issue with the Pi, FPP, or Operator Error?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rmansu02 View Post

Ok guys. Took a break from the networking stuff to get some more macro stuff done around the house. I logged into FPP locally on the Pi3 with a monitor. Under wlan0 it shows Ethernet. Is there an issue with the Pi, FPP, or Operator Error?

Watched a YouTube video for the 100th time and walked step by step through it. When I booted it up this afternoon, the WiFi is connected. Now to setup the show network for the Renard TR16.

Thanks to all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12