Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie looking for TR16/FPP/Vixen help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie looking for TR16/FPP/Vixen help

You can't have both the WiFi and Wired connected to the same network at the same time, yes it will turn off the WiFi. You should set a different network (192.168.10.x) for eth0 and that would be your "Show" network not part of your home network.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as I get the WIFI to work I can login and change the eth0. I donít want to mess up and lock myself out of the PI by changing the only port I can talk to currently. I tried a few more things last night but canít get the PI to connect to the WiFi router. Do I need to setup the PI with a display and do it through the command interface?

Really thought getting the WiFi to work was going to be easier than this.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the things you'll constantly run into with networking is that your browser cache will sometimes lead you down a rabbit hole... always, always, always clear your browser cache before you start to configure any networking through a browser, which is what you have to do with FPP.

Your router can also be a PITA, as some of them retain previous connection information in their own cache for a time, which can also throw your diagnostic efforts into a tailspin. Solution: power down, wait about a half-minute, restart the router. Obviously this isn't a very good solution for home networking, but it shouldn't be a problem if your show network is separate from your home network.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12