Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Displaying characters/pictures on tree

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Displaying characters/pictures on tree

Great thanks for the help. Thatís super helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Displaying characters/pictures on tree

Sorry to barge in here, but I have a question that relates to this topic and wasn't sure if creating a new thread was worth it. A friend of mine runs a drive-through light show at his campground and I'm going to help him make some improvements and new additions. He wants to build a "tunnel" where people can drive through. This tunnel would be made up of 100 total arches, each with three 5m RGB light strips, so 300 LED strips total. He would like the ability to show images and things as well. I have experience with pixels and LED strips, but I've never done anything with images to date. The setup he's got currently runs Light-O-Rama for everything (no pixels or LEDs as of now), but I know I can very easily include non-Light-O-Rama products.

First of all, I need to work out the spacing on the tunnel and what kind of led strips to buy. It looks like Light-O-Rama's product, the Cosmic Color Ribbon has 30 LEDs per meter, but only 10 IC's per meter since each IC controls 3 LEDs. I know there are tons of options out there for LED strips with a higher density of IC's, so I'm wondering if Light-O-Rama's product would be good enough or if I should get LED strips with a higher density of controllable channels.

Then for adding images and things to a show, I'm guessing I'll have to poke around and learn Light-O-Rama's Superstar Sequencer to accomplish that. He runs his current show with all Light-O-Rama software and I'll have to stick with that because of all the legacy Light-O-Rama equipment still in use. Any help or tips you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12