Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feedback on power supplies and types

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Feedback on power supplies and types

Make sure you check the input voltage on the rainproof power supplies before you buy. I ended up with a bunch of 220v PSUs because I didn’t check my order closely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Hmmm.... Are they "rain proof" by keeping positive air pressure so that the liquid can't get into the vent?
    I'm sure that is the intent. The top is sealed decently enough and you have to install them in the orientation they specify.
    The bottom looks like this:
    ps.jpg
    I turn my little matrix on October 1st and leave it on till Jan 2nd every year....
    The rain/snow is not the major problem......for us it is hurricane season Sept-Nov. Dorian just blew through with 150km/h winds....I learned a long time ago to over-engineer props and to keep things as close to the ground as possible.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Hmmm.... Are they "rain proof" by keeping positive air pressure so that the liquid can't get into the vent?
    Doesn't the positive pressure have to come from somewhere? I don't see any filter but if there is air blowing out somewhere then somewhere else air has to be coming in unless they are creating a vacumm......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12