Thread: What/how to do when not in show mode?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What/how to do when not in show mode?

What are you all doing when your displays are not in show mode? I want my lights to run a secondary display for more of a general ambience but I'm not sure what the best method is to do it. I think I have two options basically.

The first being create a sequence of my ambient display and schedule it along with the active display. However, I think it would be too long especially if I want it to be the amount of time between shows.

The second would be to incorporate a second sequencer like a FPP and use triggers to communicate with the first sequencer. This seems overly complex, tbh.

That being said, I think this has to be something that is addressed already with Vixen as most people probably want the same thing. I just haven't found anything on that yet. I have read through the online docs for scheduling but don't see anything for non-scheduled times.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What/how to do when not in show mode?

I would think you would have to create a sequence. What I do is static lights on, xmas music in the background with a countdown on a matrix until the next show starts.

Post Thanks / Like

I put together a very simple sequence about 6 minutes long which repeats constantly for about an hour before and after my show runs.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

ok, thanks guys. Looks like a sequence is the way to go. My current audio is an hour long so I will probably want to trim that down, lol.

So, would I just have that sequence playing in Vixen in a loop and the scheduler will turn it off/on while the show runs?

Post Thanks / Like

I just loop my "show", it starts @ 5:30 and runs till 9:00 Su-Th and till 10:00 F & Sa. I also have just over an hour of songs, most of my visitors will watch a 4-6 songs then move on. I don't find I have a need to "shutdown" to encourage visitors to move.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    I just loop my "show", it starts @ 5:30 and runs till 9:00 Su-Th and till 10:00 F & Sa. I also have just over an hour of songs, most of my visitors will watch a 4-6 songs then move on. I don't find I have a need to "shutdown" to encourage visitors to move.
    I'm doing Halloween and this will be the first year with sequenced lights for me. (Had everything before, but bought a house last October so didn't do a show) In the past I've had an ambient audio track of storms and graveyard noise along with "dumb animatronics". I was hoping to expand on that and add flashing white lights and floods for lightning strikes but also be able to have the ambient audio and moving props to stop during the show, or even be incorporated into it.