Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Computer

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Computer

Just upgraded from a Dell Inspiron i5 with 8 gigs ram to a Dell 9010 Quad Core i7 with 16 gigs ram and man is it fast. Can get some great deals on EBay. Hooked up the i5 computer in the garage replacing my i3.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Computer

Just out of curiosity, what does the new computer have in it for a hard drive? SSD or standard (platters)?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the market for a new pc. Could you provide a hyperlink to where you bought yours?
    Thanks Adam
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNv4__V1LA8

or type Christmas lights in st charles in the youtube search bar.
    Leglamp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what does the new computer have in it for a hard drive? SSD or standard (platters)?
    It has a 250 gig SSD but I installed a 1 terabyte standard in the computer because it had the space for one. I just needed to get the cables which were cheap. I love the SSD drives because they really boot fast.

Last edited by pmiller; 09-12-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leglamp View Post
    I'm in the market for a new pc. Could you provide a hyperlink to where you bought yours?
    Thanks Adam
    Got mine from this guy. I don't pay much attention to feedback because I use PayPal if anything serious arises. He definitely came through for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Deskto...-/352769516861

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    It has a 250 gig SSD but I installed a 1 terabyte standard in the computer because it had the space for one. I just needed to get the cables which were cheap. I live the SSD drives because they really boot fast.
    Thanks. Just wondering.

FYI - All computers here have been "upgraded" to 16GB RAM, 500 MB or 1TB SSD (Primary Drive), and where possible, 1TB standard for long term storage (a.k.a., Backup!). Those that don't have room for the second drive do their backups to a separate drive on my NAS whenever they are connected to the network.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Thanks. Just wondering.

FYI - All computers here have been "upgraded" to 16GB RAM, 500 MB or 1TB SSD (Primary Drive), and where possible, 1TB standard for long term storage (a.k.a., Backup!). Those that don't have room for the second drive do their backups to a separate drive on my NAS whenever they are connected to the network.
    When they installed a SSD in my old computer they took the original drive and enclosed it in a case with usb connection.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw. Mine came with a DVD writer but not dual layer. I'll probably get a dual layer writer next week and install it.

Post Thanks / Like

Just upgraded from a Dell Inspiron i5 with 8 gigs ram to a Dell 9010 Quad Core i7 with 16 gigs ram and man is it fast. Can get some great deals on EBay. Hooked up the i5 computer in the garage replacing my i3.Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Ebay is great for computers. I bought my latest laptop (a new-to-me Lenovo W530) off Ebay. For desktops, I've found I've had better luck from Craigslist. Specifically, some amazing deals can be had on 2-3 year old gaming computers. I'm not sure why I need a GTX970 graphics card, or a water-cooled i7 processor, when I mainly just do word processing, but I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

When they installed a SSD in my old computer they took the original drive and enclosed it in a case with usb connection.
    Nice, I'm going to have to tell my computer guy about this practice. Sounds good.

Note to self, install the old computer in a USB enclosure for use as an extra drive.

There, done. Now my computer guy knows to do that.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast