Thread: P10 panel in a matrix every other line dim

Post Thanks / Like

Default P10 panel in a matrix every other line dim

I just fired up my matrix, 3x3 P10 and every other row on one panel is dim. It's in the middle of the last row. The panel before and after it is fine. I'm use a raspberry pi zero-w using FPP. I did have to use a new pi so this is a fresh set of soldered pins for the GPIO. I'll give a re-flow a shot but I would think I'd have more problems than with just one panel if that were the case.

Any thoughts or am I looking at replacing the panel? I'd have to tear it apart, the box is sturdy but not built for easy replacement of a panel... Live and learn.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: P10 panel in a matrix every other line dim

Re-flow didn't help. I have a single red out on another board so looks like I'm tearing this apart.

Luckily I bought two extra boards when I bought them.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you switch the cables around to insure it's not a cable or an output

Post Thanks / Like

Check the power cables before you do anything else. Just make sure that they are run appropriately with power and ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Power is all fine through out. The cables are snug. Everything worked last year. I leave my matrix box out in the yard all year round but I don't run it all the time. The only change I had was swapping out a Pi Zero for a Pi Zero-W. Sadly I managed to mess up the old Pi Zero when I was working on upgrading FPP on it. I needed to get it out of it's little mount case and like a dummy I accidentally damaged it. The case was snug on it, there was a screw driver slip and I knocked a piece off of the Pi zero....

I'll break open the box and get a better look at it. Since I have another board with a dead pixel I need to do that anyway....

Thanks for the advice!

Jason