Thread: Universe Export/Import

Post Thanks / Like

Default Universe Export/Import

Now that Vixen outputs universes in a .json format I figured I would look into using that with my FPP 3.2 setup, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to Import to FFP.
    I assume (makin and ass out of both you and me) upload via FTP but not sure.
    Any help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Universe Export/Import

I have Figured it out.
    FTP to FPP copy the co-universe.json file to /media/config then restart and all is good!
    Thanks to both Vixen and FPP devs. Without you guys I would be in a world of darkness. (pun intended)

Post Thanks / Like

Use the Export wizard from the main screen and if you use the ip address of the FPP instance in the export setup for the destination, it will put everything in the right place on the FPP instance for you. Audio, sequences, and config. You can choose whether to update the config and audio files or not. All you have to do then is restart the FPP Daemon in FPP itself if you export the config.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also use Windows File Explorer, just enter \\ip_of_fpp\fpp and you will see the file structure

FPP files.jpg
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Use the Export wizard from the main screen and if you use the ip address of the FPP instance in the export setup for the destination, it will put everything in the right place on the FPP instance for you. Audio, sequences, and config. You can choose whether to update the config and audio files or not. All you have to do then is restart the FPP Daemon in FPP itself if you export the config.
    I just tried this - WOW, a great process. And I can see the FPP in my W10 File Explorer/network as if it was another drive. A quick copy, paste and done.

Many thanks Jeff
    In Lights Therapy