Thread: How to do a lip sync effect on a matrix?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to do a lip sync effect on a matrix?

I've seen the typic setup for lip sync, the usual well known one of the singing tree which has different mouth and eye options overlapping. But I would rather not build a specific prop for that, and I wondered if there was a way to use a matrix or mega tree matrix with this function. I would assume something like making pixel art with a different "pose" for each type of sound or phoneme

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to do a lip sync effect on a matrix?

not that hard you can use one of the premade faces and show it on your matrix something like what I did on my tree in this video

James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks James. I thought it wouldn't be too out there, but I wasn't finding any guides of examples for that

Post Thanks / Like

In the lip sync mapping in the editor, you can setup a mapping and assign an image to each of the phonemes. Once you do that it works just like the other lip-sync items using the marks and the lip-sync effect. You set the effect to use the map you defined. It will follow the lip-sync phoneme marks and apply the correct image where it is supposed to be.

Post Thanks / Like

nick it isnt that hard once you learn it and get the files I have several different faces you can use
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TazChaLet View Post
    nick it isnt that hard once you learn it and get the files I have several different faces you can use

Thanks man. You and Jeff both validated what I assumed would be the case. I was seeing examples as more like the typical singing tree with the different mouth shapes overlapped rather than an image on a matrix, but it stands to reason. I may take you up on some of those faces. Got a couple, but not a great selection