Thread: Multicast?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Multicast?

Decided to come here and ask. The stuck ups on the falcon face look page dont answer questions unless it interests them. OK, seeing as how i cant get the website to work, i will ask here, I did not run my show last year and quit frankly my memory after the accident sucks. On the E1.31 output page, I assigned the F16 to run unicast and gave it an IP address, ,i remember that part. But i run multiple ESP devices, all on one universe, each has been assigned an IP address, I previously listed each device under the output page separately, but was told not to do that, how do i go about setting up all those ESP devices in 1 output? I run my pi and falcon f16 hooked to a router that transmits to the esp modules

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Multicast?

Sorry, I can't help you with the F16, but I can help you with interpersonal relationships.

Remember that the Falcon folks have real jobs and they don't exist to respond to every possible thing instantly. And chastising them and their new forum won't help you a bit.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    Decided to come here and ask. The stuck ups on the falcon face look page dont answer questions unless it interests them. OK, seeing as how i cant get the website to work, i will ask here, I did not run my show last year and quit frankly my memory after the accident sucks. On the E1.31 output page, I assigned the F16 to run unicast and gave it an IP address, ,i remember that part. But i run multiple ESP devices, all on one universe, each has been assigned an IP address, I previously listed each device under the output page separately, but was told not to do that, how do i go about setting up all those ESP devices in 1 output? I run my pi and falcon f16 hooked to a router that transmits to the esp modules
    I agree with Dirk, ease up a little.....the Falcon site focuses on FPP, Falcon Products, and Pi & BBB capes.....your question was on ESP devices. Not sure Falcon folk's use them. This is a much better site to post those questions. There are many other Forums that will talk to you about ESP devices.

OK, your answer. You reference "E1.31 output page" so I assume you are talking FPP. Set your output as a full Universe and Use Multicast. Multicast on the ESP Device doesn't care what its IP is, it looks the universe number, starting address and number of pixels. Below is a sample of one of my ESP Device setups.

ESP Sample.PNG
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Not the falcon site, the facebook page. Some of those guys on there are real jerks. I have had issues with the falcon website, not sure what's up, takes for ever to load.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, agree on FPP Facebook. I no longer go there.

Falcon site is upgrading their software. Now Having problems with their service provider. Not sure when they can get that fix, but give then time.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

In FPP outputs you enter the Universe #, Universe size, Multicast... For my Renard ESP, that is about 6 or 7 ESPs, so on the individual ESPs They all use the same Universe # but have different starting Addresses and Channel counts. There are 2 that run my Rooflines so Roofline 2 ESP uses 2 universes, w/ the new version of FPP (3.2 ) Looks like I could combine them into one Line.

Capture.JPG
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I thought they got the website fixed. Thought maybe it was my cookies again. Sounds good on the multicast thing. Better then what ideas doing.