Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... been to

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... bee

We also made some improvements in that area later last year, but I canít recall off the top of my head which version those landed in. Iíll have to check later. The version will not tell you which bit it is, as we offer the same version in both flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... bee

So just looked at the logs and it says access to com port 3 is denied.. Guess thats why its not working.. why would it be denied?
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Something else is accessing that port, most likely the LOR software, see if there is some app or service running for LOR.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Something else is accessing that port, most likely the LOR software, see if there is some app or service running for LOR.

How would i go about making the LOR hardware stop using it so that vixen can?
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Disable any LOR programs that start automatically or any Services. Worst case, uninstall LOR.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Disable any LOR programs that start automatically or any Services. Worst case, uninstall LOR.

okay I will try it. i put LOR on that pc so i could test to make sure the boxes were still working. I guess i could uninstall them and just use my everyday PC for testing that.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know whats wrong, I un installed LOR rebooted the pc and still nothing..
    ive got DMP open picked for my controllers 16 channels.
    Ive got it maped for channel 1 to patch to #1 tree and so on. there is nothing else to set up right? am i missing a step im not sure how i could but im so mad at myself for not being able to get it to work. Guess i won't be animated fo Halloween and at this rate maybe not Christmas.

I dont remember having this much trouble my 1st year of doing the LOR boxes.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Let's walk through it step by step and see if we can figure it out. First let's see if it is connecting. Is there anything in the Vixen error logs after removing the LOR stuff? Are there any other FTDI serial devices plugged into the machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Let's walk through it step by step and see if we can figure it out. First let's see if it is connecting. Is there anything in the Vixen error logs after removing the LOR stuff? Are there any other FTDI serial devices plugged into the machine?
    It seemed like its no longer saying the port is in use or busy but still just not working.
    The only thing plugged into the PC is the Mouse and Keyboard. Im starting to think somehow all the USB ports are connected together.
    its a older Dell Tower PC its a inspirion 660
    its got 6 USB ports on the back. the mouse and keyboard plugged into the bottom two ports.
    i have the USB cable for the LOR boxes plugged into the two right above those two. it doesn't matter if i plug into the left one or right one it comes up in the device manager as COMM 3

I ment to say the light on the CBT16 is solid when i am trying to make it play. not sure that help or not.

I tried plugging the cable into one of the front two ports and it doesn't seem to do anything. when its there the box blinks.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

If there are no errors in the log, that suggests it was able to open the port. It uses baud 250000, 8 bits, 2 stop bits and no parity so if it shows up in the device manager, you can make sure that is configured the same.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast