Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... been to

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... been to

So I fired up my back up PC few days ago, to see if I had ever installed Vixen on it, I orginally got that PC last year when i thought my Every day use PC was dieing on me but after i got the new one I got the reg one working again.. Anyhow Vixen is on it, but i had never linked anything to it or set up nothing.
    i went into the set up and picked DMX Open and linked each channel to the channels of my items i want to light up. example im working on Halloween now will have 5 trees in green and orange on left side, and 5 on right side along with my talking/singing pumpkin and Skull.
    so i patched channel one on controller side to left tree #1 and so on but nothing was happening.
    I pluged in the USB cable to the adapator to the PC i heard the PC make a nose to reconise it but nothing came up to install should it had? its been over 2 years since i set it all up on my old PC.

I get a red blinking light on the CBT16 box.

i cant even figure out how i had downloaded the LOR hardware manger thing on my old pc i searched all over the net to download to the newer pc and never could find where to download it. No clue where i have it saved on my external drives. I don't keep alpications like that on my PC. ts got a small hard-drive.,

Hope someone can help me out. Im getting out of the decoration mood cause i cant seem to get anything to work, its bad enough i have to re seqence all my songs from my vixen crashing on my reg computer.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... bee

Look in Device Manager on your PC for "Ports COM & LPT" it will tell you the COM port that was assigned to the USB dongle. Then in Vixen you can configure you controller to that COM port.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... bee

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Look in Device Manager on your PC for "Ports COM & LPT" it will tell you the COM port that was assigned to the USB dongle. Then in Vixen you can configure you controller to that COM port.
    I don't know of a place in Vixen to select that? where would it be?
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

In "Display Setup" is where you setup your "Elements" and "Controllers"

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using the DMX Open controller, there is not a port setup. It tries to detect it with the drivers directly. If it does not seem to be working, you can look in the logs in Vixen 3/logs. The error and info logs might give some indication. Generally if it does not work, you may missing, or have the wrong FTDI drivers installed on the machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    If you are using the DMX Open controller, there is not a port setup. It tries to detect it with the drivers directly. If it does not seem to be working, you can look in the logs in Vixen 3/logs. The error and info logs might give some indication. Generally if it does not work, you may missing, or have the wrong FTDI drivers installed on the machine.
    So is there something else i can use besides DMX open? I just need get it going..
    I finally got the LOR hardware on the PC im trying to get Vixen to work with.
    I had to update a driver before it would see the cord.
    but now it works there. but in Vixen still nothing at all.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have you LOR boxes in DMX mode?

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    Do you have you LOR boxes in DMX mode?

everything worked fine last year. ive not re set the boxes.. Vixen just seems to not make the lights work.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing you can try also is the 32 bit version of Vixen. I have seen some folks who say that works when the 64 bit one may not. It depends on what drivers are in the machine and if the 32 bit drivers are on there, the 64 bit version may not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    One other thing you can try also is the 32 bit version of Vixen. I have seen some folks who say that works when the 64 bit one may not. It depends on what drivers are in the machine and if the 32 bit drivers are on there, the 64 bit version may not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly not sure what bit it is, its version 3.5U2
    Well i said it all worked last year but this copy on my PC has never been used. So not sure.
    FB @ langleylights

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast