Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... been to

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... bee

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Ok, a couple things. The success message was not there, so something went wrong. There is a setup screen now if you select the controller and hit the gear icon in Display setup. ensure your device is selected in the the drop down and try again. If it still does not work, then provide the info and error logs.
    it was already picked. and nothing else there to pick from.
    At least this version seems to be opening and closing properly. at least so far.

09/15/2019 22:13:41.780 [VixenModules.Controller.OpenDMX.OpenDmx] Error opening the OpenDMX device 0 : FT_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
    09/15/2019 22:13:41.780 [Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1] Error starting device DMX Open System.Exception: Failed to open OpenDMX device. Error from Driver: FT_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
    at VixenModules.Controller.OpenDMX.OpenDmx.Start()
    at Vixen.Sys.Output.BasicOutputModuleExecutionControl .Start()
    at Vixen.Sys.Output.OutputController.Start()
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.HardwareUpdateThread.Start()
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._StartD evice(T outputDevice)
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._Start( T outputDevice) at VixenModules.Controller.OpenDMX.OpenDmx.Start()
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._Start( T outputDevice)
    09/15/2019 22:28:09.306 [Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1] Error trying to stop device DMX Open System.TimeoutException: Controller DMX Open failed to stop in the required amount of time.
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.HardwareUpdateThread.WaitForFin ish()
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._StopDe vice(T outputDevice)
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._Stop(T outputDevice) at Vixen.Sys.Managers.HardwareUpdateThread.WaitForFin ish()
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._StopDe vice(T outputDevice)
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._Stop(T outputDevice)
    09/15/2019 22:46:09.186 [VixenModules.Controller.OpenDMX.OpenDmx] Error opening the OpenDMX device 0 : FT_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
    09/15/2019 22:46:09.186 [Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1] Error starting device DMX Open System.Exception: Failed to open OpenDMX device. Error from Driver: FT_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
    at VixenModules.Controller.OpenDMX.OpenDmx.Start()
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._Start( T outputDevice) at VixenModules.Controller.OpenDMX.OpenDmx.Start()
    at Vixen.Sys.Managers.OutputDeviceExecution`1._Start( T outputDevice)
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen is working on back up PC, can't get the PC to talk to box and lights... bee

It looks like it is not finding the device by it's index which is interesting if it was in the list to pick. That device not found is being reported by the FTDI driver. I am going to add a bit more logging and make one other change, but this is very weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    It looks like it is not finding the device by it's index which is interesting if it was in the list to pick. That device not found is being reported by the FTDI driver. I am going to add a bit more logging and make one other change, but this is very weird.
    im having terrible luck this year.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Let's give build #904 a try. I would like to see the error and the info logs after you try it to see all the info related to it.

Post Thanks / Like

okay so the latest vixen i had been using had been working great for making my Seqs and all I got my rasberry pi working and got the seqs converted over to use with the FPP on the pi. i closed vixen lastnight when i went to bed and today when i went to use it im getting the error i used to get again.. why is this? its been opening working not giving the (not responding errors) and closing just fine now it wont open
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

Look for a ".lock" file in your profile directory and delete it.

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

I'll also suggest that if you're using Windows 10, turn off User Account Control. It can easily cause some weird, unexpected things involving temporary files that should be erased upon closing an app, but they remain because UAC blocks the deletion....

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    I'll also suggest that if you're using Windows 10, turn off User Account Control. It can easily cause some weird, unexpected things involving temporary files that should be erased upon closing an app, but they remain because UAC blocks the deletion....
    Windows 7. I tried to find the file and no luck.. i ran a search and no luck.
    FB @ langleylights

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234