Thread: Running Arduino with vixen 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Running Arduino with vixen 3

Morning all does any one have information on how to run more than one Arduino using vixen 3 soft ware at one time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Running Arduino with vixen 3

I'm not aware of any difference running more than one at a time. When I did it, I just added each one as a separate controller and mapped different outputs to each one. Pretty much the same way you add a second controller for any other type.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Define a second Generic Serial controller. Connect the second Arduino to a free USB port. If you do not have a free USB port, use a USB hub
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrowe View Post
    I'm not aware of any difference running more than one at a time. When I did it, I just added each one as a separate controller and mapped different outputs to each one. Pretty much the same way you add a second controller for any other type.
    Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaclayc View Post
    Morning all does any one have information on how to run more than one Arduino using vixen 3 soft ware at one time ?
    It is probably easiest to run them as separate lines off your player. But if you want to get fancy, you can daisy chain from one Arduino to another. Are you using low channel count or trying to push pixels with your arduino? Basically you define the first one to have the total number of channels. Scrape out the first x for your use and send the rest out a "serial port" on the arduino which is connected to the next one. The arduino Renard library by madsci1016 has the code built in to do this. https://github.com/madsci1016/Arduino-Renard