Thread: vixen and linux

Post Thanks / Like

Default vixen and linux

I know its not supported officially, but has anyone gotten this to work? I can install vixen in wine but .net install fails therefore dead in the water. Trying to avoid buying another device and Linux is what I run on my only current personal device.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: vixen and linux

Turn it around. Run Windows as host OS and Linux in a VM (This is how my systems are set up).

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Turn it around. Run Windows as host OS and Linux in a VM (This is how my systems are set up).
    Yea, fair enough. If nothing better comes along I guess I could do this.

Post Thanks / Like

I was faced with the same choice a couple of years ago. Vixen is a windows centric application via the choices made in development. Either accept it and move to windows as the primary environment or move to a different sequencer. This not a criticism of vixen or its developers, it is a good implementation if you are a windows user. I however choose to move to xLights and donít regret the decision. I get far more out of Linux.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro