Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Video sequence

Post Thanks / Like

Default Problem with Video sequence

I drag video icon to sequence then when I try to use my own video file( .avi format) a window pops up saying
    "reduce start time"
    How do you add a your own Video to vixen sequence?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Problem with Video sequence

How long is the Video and what is the run time of the sequence?
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Normally you would first add the video effect to the sequence and then select the video file in the effect edit for pane.

However dragging in a video file to the timeline is a newer feature and should work. Since this method of adding it is a newer feature, it wouldn’t surprise me if you found a bug. What’s the length of the video file and of the sequence? Are you trying to add a video file that’s longer than the sequence length, or would where you’re dropping it would mean that it ends after the sequence end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Jon, is the ".avi" format decoder built in?
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually not sure off hand. And I'm not where i can test that for a bit. But I'm pretty sure we use ffmpeg in there to handle the conversions. That should handle all the common formats without issue.

BTW, AVI is a container format, not a codec. It could use any number of supported codecs wrapped into an AVI container file. I know we can handle AVI containers, but the codec or format inside it may not be something that's supported by the ffmpeg version we have included in Vixen.

Post Thanks / Like

I do add the video effect first to the sequence and then select the video file in the effect edit for pane. My video is 1 second long and in my video editing program(VSDC) I've tried exporting the video as Intel H264/AVC, MPEG4 and MPEG2. Same window pops for each of them "Invalid Start time. Decrease start time. Entered Start time plus Effect length is greater than video length of
    Stickman Running.avi "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by df101 View Post
    I do add the video effect first to the sequence and then select the video file in the effect edit for pane. My video is 1 second long and in my video editing program(VSDC) I've tried exporting the video as Intel H264/AVC, MPEG4 and MPEG2. Same window pops for each of them "Invalid Start time. Decrease start time. Entered Start time plus Effect length is greater than video length of
    Stickman Running.avi "
    You stated the video file is only 1 sec long.
    But when you add the video effect it adds a 2 sec effect. So I think the problem is that you are trying to add a 1 sec video to a 2 sec effect.

Adjust the effect length to 1 sec or less and try again.

Jon, the new drag feature has not been merged in yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarmstr View Post
    .Jon, the new drag feature has not been merged in yet.
    Thanks. I lost track of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I changed the video file to 2 seconds long, thought it would make it easier to see, and I made the video effect length 1 second. I dont get that error window popping up anymore saying"Decrease start time..." but I still dont see my video playing in preview window. Its a simple video file where the background changes from purple to blue.

Appreciate the help. U guys are awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by df101 View Post
    I changed the video file to 2 seconds long, thought it would make it easier to see, and I made the video effect length 1 second. I dont get that error window popping up anymore saying"Decrease start time..." but I still dont see my video playing in preview window. Its a simple video file where the background changes from purple to blue.

Appreciate the help. U guys are awesome
    Add a link to the video file so I can grab it and check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast