Thread: marking tricks

Post Thanks / Like

Default marking tricks

Is there a trick to getting timing marks in the right place. I have tried tapping and they are always off just a bit. I have tried the auto generated ones then adjusted each one just a bit to get it right but it takes A LOT of time. Is there a secret to doing this?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: marking tricks

In most cases the auto generated marks are dead on. Some songs are just difficult to auto detect and donít come out right.
    As far as the tapper goes, Iíve found that some PCs are just better than others for the task. Some seem to have a bit of lag and others are dead on. I believe the ones with lag are those with less than stellar audio performance. Or where thereís things like Bluetooth headsets in the mix that will add latency to the playback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

OK so I have tried some different music. The TSO music seems to work fine but the nutcracker suite march I tried first would not beat out properly. I think it is something in the music I guess, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way to switch time in the middle of a song?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starsman20 View Post
    Is there a way to switch time in the middle of a song?
    No there isnt. Not within vixen.
    But the beat detection is based on the queen mary vamp plugins for audacity. You can open your audio track in audacity and use those plugins there to do beat detection. Iím pretty sure in audacity you can do just sections of a song. Then you can save and import those label collections into vixen as marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk