Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Pixelpops/stick wifi module question (esp8266 esp-01)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixelpops/stick wifi module question (esp8266 esp-01)

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    +1 Good idea, plus they are USA local.
    Well I'm Canadian lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    Well I'm Canadian lol
    The Upper USA

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    The guy who came up with the ESPArtStick has also been working on a 6 output one, "PixleStick on Meth" (note you may have to signup for the Holiday Lighting Think Tank FB Group to view)
    More hate then acceptance on this project, so left it to die. 6 data outputs using DDP, ZCPP, Artnet, and SACN. Created an web interface to control the number pixels per output, along with options to flow from each data as a single string, or independent per GPIO. Added buffers to handle data lags and other stuff.
    But this is was considered pixel blasphemy in the community. Sucks because I got it to work great for pixels and servos even.. At least found that SMD soldering is easier then previously thought.

6output.jpg1.jpgImage2.jpgImage3.jpg
    Last edited by MICROCYB; 10-21-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ummmmm. WHO blasted you?
    I doubt anyone has provided more esp-01 boards to the community than me and I think progress like this is great.

PM Sent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MICROCYB View Post
    More hate then acceptance on this project, so left it to die. 6 data outputs using DDP, ZCPP, Artnet, and SACN. Created an web interface to control the number pixels per output, along with options to flow from each data as a single string, or independent per GPIO. Added buffers to handle data lags and other stuff.
    But this is was considered pixel blasphemy in the community. Sucks because I got it to work great for pixels and servos even.. At least found that SMD soldering is easier then previously thought.

Last edited by ukewarrior; 10-21-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to 'test-drive' this program.
    The Love of this Hobby is what drives most of us. You can't think of others as competition, when we all have the same goal: To put a smile on the face of someone that sees your lights.
    For my props(currently), the forkineye code works wonders. I have played with 'WLED', it works well for stand-alone props. I have also used a dual output program, similar to what you have here. It worked very well.
    I still have a few odd things running from Arduino Nano's.
    Everything has it's strong points, and weak points. With help, limitations can be broken.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Ummmmm. WHO blasted you?
    I doubt anyone has provided my esp-01 boards to the community than me and I think progress like this is great.

PM Sent.
    I doesn't look like his negative feed back was from this site as he only has a post count of 1 .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MICROCYB View Post

I would seriously like to know where that hate came from, or more specifically, what this supposed blasphemy was? That seems so contrary to what my experience has been since I started this. At most, i've seen a few people get fanboy like over their sequencer of choice, but that's about it. That seems like a very cool project! So you put the work in, and got reamed out so abandoned it? I think I speak for many people here when I say I would love to give it a shot!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    I doesn't look like his negative feed back was from this site as he only has a post count of 1 .
    I know how to erase my presence... I make boards as a huge fan of holiday lighting, never as a competition..

Post Thanks / Like

Too many fun things to make with an Arduino

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly right.

I hope we can move past this and make these creations available to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    I would seriously like to know where that hate came from, or more specifically, what this supposed blasphemy was? That seems so contrary to what my experience has been since I started this. At most, i've seen a few people get fanboy like over their sequencer of choice, but that's about it. That seems like a very cool project! So you put the work in, and got reamed out so abandoned it? I think I speak for many people here when I say I would love to give it a shot!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast