Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixelpops/stick wifi module question (esp8266 esp-01)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixelpops/stick wifi module question (esp8266 esp-01)

Exactly ! So, the power capability is entirely based on what gauge wire is in the cable you find.
    Quote Originally Posted by XmasinVancouver View Post
    I have. It gave the range of awg as 22-23 for cat6 and 24-26 for cat5, although I'm pretty sure all the cat5 I've worked with has been 24awg. As far as their capabilities for networking, absolutely there is a difference, or they would not have bothered with a new standard. I was meaning more as far as power

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Here is some info you will require for ease of firmware install

https://github.com/forkineye/ESPixelStick

With the wemos the procedure is simplified in that you do not need a usb to serial adapter , just a usb cable.
    Download firmware and extract to a folder . Be sure to have java installed .
    Open the folder you extracted to then open the ESPSFlasH Tool.JAR and enter your ssid and pass , select firmware type <pixels / .bin> or <serial/.bin> ( these are located in the folder you extracted the firmware to) set device id & then load the firmware . After flashing finished select build EFU and save to a memorable location .
    This will permit OTA updates . That done , reboot wemos and login via the wemos ip .

Now have fun with the espixelstick web gui and enter your settings .
    connect some pixels and test output , no sequencer required !

Cheers

Sigh, So I was super excited to finally get my wemos d1 mini's today. I rushed home to start testing. Now, I completely get the instructions above, and I've even seen a video of almost the exact procedure. But I'm at a bit of a loss. I've gone to the exact url you posted and the one in the video, clicked on the same download button in the github page, but when I extract the .zip, the files don't look anything like what the video showed. It mirrors the file list on the github page. For example, the main directory does not have espflashtool.jar. The only place I found that was in a dist folder, which throws an error trying to run it. I've re-downloaded it multiple times, trying to be very cautious that i'm not grabbing the wrong thing (hence how I came across the video). When I hit download, I get espixelstick-master.zip. Unzipping it looks like the below. While the supposed extracted contents from the video screen shot show like the second image. And yes, I have been visiting https://github.com/forkineye/ESPixelStick. I am particularly exhausted today, nodding off constantly, so it's possible I'm just being stupid as a result... What am I missing here?

espdirect.pngvideo.png

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh, So I was super excited to finally get my wemos d1 mini's today. I rushed home to start testing. Now, I completely get the instructions above, and I've even seen a video of almost the exact procedure. But I'm at a bit of a loss. I've gone to the exact url you posted and the one in the video, clicked on the same download button in the github page, but when I extract the .zip, the files don't look anything like what the video showed. It mirrors the file list on the github page. For example, the main directory does not have espflashtool.jar. The only place I found that was in a dist folder, which throws an error trying to run it. I've re-downloaded it multiple times, trying to be very cautious that i'm not grabbing the wrong thing (hence how I came across the video). When I hit download, I get espixelstick-master.zip. Unzipping it looks like the below. While the supposed extracted contents from the video screen shot show like the second image. And yes, I have been visiting https://github.com/forkineye/ESPixelStick. I am particularly exhausted today, nodding off constantly, so it's possible I'm just being stupid as a result... What am I missing here?
    Go back to post 54 of this thread for the proper downloading of ESPixelTool files. Also, be sure you have the current JAVA files loaded.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

espdirect.pngvideo.png
    That is what the extracted files are suppose to look like , the espflashtool.jar will throw an error if you do not have java installed

Post Thanks / Like

That is what the extracted files are suppose to look like , the espflashtool.jar will throw an error if you do not have java installed

I definitely have it installed and up to date, use it for work. The file is in the dist folder and it never launches the interface, just says it couldn't find the firmware

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what you guys are loading, but this is what my Unzipped files look like. This is Aug12 Version "Travis" of ESPixelTool

ESPTool.PNG
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

He has grabbed both variants 1 for ,ino loading and the .bin esptool loading version . Easy to be sure what he has if you look at pic #2.
    Last edited by angus40; 10-01-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Not sure what you guys are loading, but this is what my Unzipped files look like. This is Aug12 Version "Travis" of ESPixelTool

ESPTool.PNG
    Yup, that's the file structure I'm expecting to get. Angus, the 2nd picture I posted was a screenshot from the video I referenced to show what it should have looked like to my understanding

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the release page .

You gots lots learning to do

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the release page .

You gots lots learning to do

Can you tell I don't use github much? WTF!!! I followed the exact link and it even said download. That's what buddy clicked in the video too. The link you sent is the same with /releases at the end sigh. I really was full on braindead yesterday, falling asleep at the keyboard. Probably a sign to pack it in and start again today

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast