Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap

thank you for participating.

without participants, this would be in vain

kinda like running 25,000 lights in a tree, yard, etc only to find out there is no electricity - kinda pointless
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

The 12th annualDIYC Christmas Card Swap

Coming up (Calendar of events)
    1-Oct Tuesday DIYC Card Swap Begins
    4-Nov Monday Monday International locations card swap list will be emailed1
    11/11-11/15 Verification emails go out, please respond as soon as possible2
    18-Nov Monday All corrections complete
    22-Nov Friday 2019 DIYC Card Swap CLOSES
    22-Nov Friday Lists are emailed4
    23-Nov Saturday 2019 DIYC Card Swap Stats page uploaded
    27-Nov Wednesday all remaining lists uploaded and sent through DIYC portal
    1-Dec Sunday If you have NOT received your complete list, please contact me
    5-Dec Thursday All Corrections and re-sends complete
    25-Dec Wednesday MERRY Christmas
    31-Dec Tuesday HAPPY NewYear 2020
    1 To help international locations get cards in the mail because it often takes longer to get mail to the USA, and through the system then sending mail out of the USA. This was a Great idea supplied by Kirk1701.
    2 verification emails go out to make sure all your information is correct, including email address, and to make sure that the automated process works correctly. Your help with this is GREATLY appreciated.
    3 If everything goes well, those that have supplied emails should receive their emails with lists attached by 1300 (1:00pm) CST
    4 This is an automated process and should be complete by 1300 (1:00PM) CST. Those that have requested the FULL list will be sent first, followed by verified participants, then those remaining.

Happy Blinky-Flashy
    Keebler
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-23-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

The 12th annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap is
    open
    There has already been a quite an interest. SO, it looks like this might be a another pretty good year . If you PM’d or emailed me BEFORE October 1st, Please do so again as my inboxes have been cleaned out.

So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server. For those wanting use email, here is the email address. DIYCards@keeblerchristmas.com with the subject line: JOIN 2019. When using this method, you should receive a confirmation within seconds.

Due date will be SUNDAY 17TH NOVEMBER at 12:00 noon CST, and names will be handed out by FRIDAY 22ND NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but if I don't have a record of their PM or email. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM (OR EMAIL) confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If you emailed your details, and you did not receive a confirmation email within a 2 hours, please check your junk folder first, and if the confirmation is not there, please try again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive Christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that some years the full list was over 50 participants. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

Here are examples of some of the most common examples for addressing

if you select then your address will look like
    both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family the Christmas Family
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family_formal Mr. & Mrs. Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family_long the Christmas Family
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    these are just the most common requested, if you would like something different please ask
    email addresses are not typically used, except for emailing your list.
    if you have any questions, please PM me and I'll be happy to help
    family is the most popular and is the default

Thank you and Merry Blinky Flashy
    Ken (Keebler)
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-25-2019 at 06:53 AM.
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

HAPPY HALLOWEEN,
    you want something REALLY scary?

There are only 17 days remaining for this years card swap!

The 12th annualDIYC Christmas Card Swapis
    open

There has already been a quite an interest. SO, it looks like this might be a another pretty good year J. If you PMd or emailed me BEFORE October 1st, Please do so again as my inboxes have been cleaned out.
    So whats a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and youre given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and youll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I havent kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, theres nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included if you dont type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server. For those wanting use email, here is the email address. DIYCards@keeblerchristmas.com with the subject line: JOIN 2019. When using this method, you should receive a confirmation within seconds.

Due date will be SUNDAY 17TH NOVEMBER at 12:00 noon CST, and names will be handed out by FRIDAY 22ND NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but if I don't have a record of their PM or email. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM (OR EMAIL) confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If you emailed your details, and you did not receive a confirmation email within a 2 hours, please check your junk folder first, and if the confirmation is not there, please try again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive Christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that some years the full list was over 50 participants. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!
    both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    these are just the most common requested, if you would like something different please ask

Ken (Keebler)
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-31-2019 at 07:42 AM. Reason: formatting
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

open

But, will be closing soon! There are just 09 days remaining for this years Christmas Card Swap. If you are wanting to get in on this for this year. Please submit your info today or real soon.

So whats a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and youre given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and youll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I havent kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, theres nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included if you dont type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!
    both

NCmas1225

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family

the Christmas Family

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family_formal

Mr. & Mrs. Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family_long

the Christmas Family

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    name

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    user

NCmas1225

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK

Ken (Keebler)
    Last edited by Keebler; 11-08-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: formatting
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

open
    But, will be closing soon! There are just 06 days remaining for this years Christmas Card Swap. If you are wanting to get in on this for this year. Please submit your info today or real soon.
    So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001

Ken (Keebler)
    Last edited by Keebler; 11-11-2019 at 08:19 AM. Reason: formatting
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

open

But, will be closing soon! There are just a few hours remaining for this years Christmas Card Swap. If you are wanting to get in on this for this year. Please submit your info NOW.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server. For those wanting use email, here is the email address. . DIYCards@keeblerchristmas.com with the subject line: JOIN 2019. When using this method, you should receive a confirmation within seconds.

both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001

Ken (Keebler)
    Last edited by Keebler; 11-17-2019 at 06:50 AM.
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Keebler. Just sent you a pm.

Thanks!

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 - Static Light Show
    2017 - 72 Renard Channels - Roughly 4,200 Lights - 3 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - Added Pixels to Rooflines
    You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ8...yLJieEEwDto7xg

Adding Pixel Arches, Snowflakes, and Singing Bulbs in 2019!

Post Thanks / Like

CLOSED

thank you to all the participants, I/we all hope that you join in again next year.

as of now 17NOV2019@1535
    all the lists have been sent.

if you have not received your list, please check your junk or spam folder if you find that you do not have it. please send me an email at DIYCards@keeblerchristmas.com and let me know you did not get your list.
    The lists will be available until 31DEC2019 at which time all data will be deleted.

again, thank you to all the participants

MERRYCHRISTMAS
    Last edited by Keebler; 11-17-2019 at 05:40 PM.
    all pix <70 univ)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12