Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap

DIYC Christmas Card Swap 2019
    WOW, It's September already, geesh. Where has the year gone already?

It is almost upon us already! The 12th annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap!
    I wanted to let everyone know that the DIYC Christmas Card Swap for 2019 will OPEN October 1st and will run through November 17th.

So what’s a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and you’re given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and you’ll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I haven’t kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards – this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, there’s nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards – and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included – if you don’t type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you – if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server.

Due date will be SUNDAY 17TH NOVEMBER at 12:00 noon CST, and names will be handed out by FRIDAY 22ND NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but if I don't have a record of their PM or email. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM (OR EMAIL) confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If you emailed your details, and you did not receive a confirmation email within a 2 hours, please check your junk folder first, and if the confirmation is not there, please try again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive Christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that some years the full list was over 50 participants. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year – guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

Here are examples of some of the most common examples for addressing
    if you select then your address will look like
    both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family the Christmas Family
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family_formal Mr. & Mrs. Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    family_long the Christmas Family
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    these are just the most common requested, if you would like something different please ask
    email addresses are not typically used, except for emailing your list.
    if you have any questions, please PM me and I'll be happy to help
    family is the most popular and is the default

Thank you and Merry Blinky Flashy
    Ken (Keebler)
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap

I'm in when opened. Following
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Post Thanks / Like

DIYC Christmas Card Swap 2019
    WOW, It's September already, geesh. Where has the year gone already?
    It is almost upon us already! The 12th annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap!
    I wanted to let everyone know that the DIYC Christmas Card Swap for 2019 will OPEN October 1st and will run through November 17th.
    So whats a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and youre given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and youll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I havent kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, theres nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included if you dont type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server.

Due date will be SUNDAY 17TH NOVEMBER at 12:00 noon CST, and names will be handed out by FRIDAY 22ND NOVEMBER. Names will not be kept and your details will be deleted at the end of December. Each year I get one or two people who swear black and blue they got their name in before the due date but if I don't have a record of their PM or email. I won't be accepting any late comers it's just too hard to include. I always send a PM (OR EMAIL) confirming I have received your details, if you don't receive a PM from me confirming receipt of your details within 2 days assume I didn't get your original PM and send it again. If you emailed your details, and you did not receive a confirmation email within a 2 hours, please check your junk folder first, and if the confirmation is not there, please try again. If I don't have you in my inbox or a confirmation PM in my sent items, sorry you missed the boat and you'll have to wait for next year.

I'm always asked if it's possible to get the whole list to send cards to everyone not just 10 people. That's not a problem, 10 has been chosen to make it easy for lots of people to participate (you already know how expensive Christmas lights as a hobby can be!), be aware that some years the full list was over 50 participants. If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

both

NCmas1225

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family

the Christmas Family

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family_formal

Mr. & Mrs. Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family_long

the Christmas Family

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    name

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    user

NCmas1225

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    these are just the most common requested, if you would like something different please ask

Ken (Keebler)
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

Default 12th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap is now OPEN

WOW
    Its time already. The 12th annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap is now
    open.

There has already been a quite an interest. SO, it looks like this might be a another pretty good year . If you PMd or emailed me BEFORE October 1st, Please do so again as my inboxes have been cleaned out.

So whats a Christmas Card Swap? You submit your name and address, your details are then given to other people in the swap and youre given 10 other names and addresses. You then send those 10 people a Christmas Card and youll also receive Christmas Cards from other people. Easy.

I havent kept any names from previous years, so if you would like to participate again you will have to resubmit your details. Cost is a pack of cards this can be as cheap or as expensive as you like, theres nothing wrong with a pack of $2 cards and the cost of postage to some local and some international destinations. There is no guarantee on the final cost of postage - you could end up with a lot of international post, especially if there aren't a lot of participants from your neck of the woods. Hopefully your postal service offers discounted postage for seasonal mail.

To participate in the Card Swap PM me your NAME, SCREEN NAME (if you would like it included if you dont type your screen name it will not be revealed to other participants), POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS (so your list can be emailed to you if you do not supply an email address, your list will be sent here via PM), and a preference as to how you would like your address to appear to others (If you do not supply a choice then family will be used). In the past people have included their spouse's name or specified "The Smith Family", this is quite alright to do. So if you would like cards addressed specifically to you and a partner or your family, please mention it in your PM. Please see below for some examples.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server.

Hope as many people as possible participate, it's becoming more popular each year guaranteed to make you look windswept and interesting as you receive cards from across the world!!

both

NCmas1225

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family

the Christmas Family

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family_formal

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family_long

the Christmas Family

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    name

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    user

NCmas1225

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK

Ken (Keebler)
    Last edited by Keebler; 10-01-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

YAY! PM sent! Looking forward to all those cards in the mail!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNv4__V1LA8

or type Christmas lights in st charles in the youtube search bar.
    Leglamp

Post Thanks / Like

PM Sent
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

Default Open

It is GREAT to see so many people eager to do this years card swap.
    Keep em coming

WOW
    Its time already. The 12th annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap is now
    open.

There has already been a quite an interest. SO, it looks like this might be a another pretty good year J. If you PMd or emailed me BEFORE October 1st, Please do so again as my inboxes have been cleaned out.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server. For those wanting to use email, here is the email address. DIYCards@keeblerchristmas.com with the subject line: JOIN 2019.

both

NCmas1225

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family

the Christmas Family

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family_formal

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    family_long

the Christmas Family

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    name

Nick Christmas

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK
    user

NCmas1225

101 Present Ln

North Pole
    AK

Ken (Keebler)
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

WOW
    Its time already. The 12th annualDIYC Christmas Card Swapis now
    open.
    There has already been a quite an interest. SO, it looks like this might be a another pretty good year J. If you PMd or emailed me BEFORE October 1st, Please do so again as my inboxes have been cleaned out.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server. For those wanting use email, here is the email address. DIYCards@keeblerchristmas.com with the subject line: JOIN 2019.

both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001

Ken (Keebler)
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

WOW
    Its time already. The 12th annualDIYC Christmas Card Swapis now
    open.

Because of the positive replies, like last year, there will be a special email address to email your 2019 Christmas Card Swap details to. This will be the same email address where your lists will come from as well as an email confirmation if requested. Email confirmations will typically be faster as they are automated and do not involve logging in this server. For those wanting use email, here is the email address. DIYCards@keeblerchristmas.com with the subject line: JOIN 2019.

both NCmas1225
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    name Nick Christmas
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001
    user NCmas1225
    101 Present Ln
    North Pole AK 00001

Ken (Keebler)
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent Thanks for doing this
    KEEP HI AND DRY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast