Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Quote Originally Posted by dkulp View Post
    Bit of history: When the Beagles were first used to drive pixels, the pins that were associated with each port were hard coded into FPP. The original F4B, F16B, and RGBCape48 pinouts were compiled directly into FPP. This basically meant that anyone that was designing new capes that used a different pinout had to add a bunch of code into FPP, wait for an FPP release, etc... in order for the boards to work. In the 2.x timeframe, the pinouts were moved out of FPP and into json files. They were still part of FPP releases (in /opt/fpp/capes/bbb ) but it made it a lot easier to update things as well as to add new boards. In 2019, when I designed my new boards, I decided to add an eeprom to the boards and have the pinouts JSON stored on the eeprom. Thus, in the future, FPP doesn't need to know ahead of time what the pinout is and such. While doing this, I also allowed storing other things on the eeprom (like default string configs, default settings, etc...). Anyway, that's pretty much what is on the eeprom image. Just makes it possible for FPP to know what the cape is and configure itself appropriately without needed a bunch of changes in FPP for each board.
    Dan - Thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch of the diff receivers built and plan to use them this year. Was thinking of just getting a kulp 40d-pb since it's a little more compact. These diff receivers would work with the kulp, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aclarksr View Post

Thank you for a great project. This my daughter and son-in-law’s starter kit (my yard is pretty full). Currently only running two spiral trees and four arches, lots of room to expand.
    Hey aclarksr, where did you get that mounting plate for the CG-1500? I was going to make my own for my current setup but this adapter plate looks awesome and has so much room for reconfiguring if necessary. Also, how are the PSU's mounted? It's hard to see the screws but I too would be looking to put two in my CG-1500 and this setup looks perfect!

Thanks,
    -Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Quote Originally Posted by rsegreto View Post
    Hey aclarksr, where did you get that mounting plate for the CG-1500? I was going to make my own for my current setup but this adapter plate looks awesome and has so much room for reconfiguring if necessary. Also, how are the PSU's mounted? It's hard to see the screws but I too would be looking to put two in my CG-1500 and this setup looks perfect!

Thanks,
    -Russ
    Russ,

The mounting plate came with the box “QILIPSU Hinged Cover Stainless Steel Latch 370x270x150mm Junction Box with Mounting Plate, ABS Plastic DIY Electrical Project Case IP67 Waterproof Dustproof Enclosure Grey (14.6"x10.6"x5.9")” from Amazon $57.99. The power supplies are just screwed to the plate with 4 screws each. I typically use $.97 cutting boards from WallyWorld this box just came with the plate.

Drew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aclarksr; 01-26-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I see a smart receiver in the works... is that ready to go/ready to be tested?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah I see thanks! I assumed it was a CG-1500 and will probably go the cutting board route for mine as well.

Thanks again!
    -Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, there appear to be two smart receivers in the works.

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening .. Looking forward to getting boards from JLCPCB..and all components waiting ready to get on with building this. I am planning to have the BBB16 (yes the full size black beaglebone), with a multi (8 ports plus 2 differential) expansion board and two remote diff receiver boards. Anyway I am now wondering about the practicalities of set up. I fully understand about loading FPP on the BBB, but Iwas watching someone set up from Xlights visualizer (they were using the Falcon controllers), and it all seemed very very simple. Although as you all know there is no option to choose the "Hanson Pb16" controllers on the Xlight controller tab. Upshot is... Is there a very simple set up/crib sheet for setting up the PB/BBB 16 and expansion cards in a practical sense with the bonus of utilising Xlights... Many thanks Scott for sharing this great project.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukdel View Post
    Good evening .. Looking forward to getting boards from JLCPCB..and all components waiting ready to get on with building this. I am planning to have the BBB16 (yes the full size black beaglebone), with a multi (8 ports plus 2 differential) expansion board and two remote diff receiver boards. Anyway I am now wondering about the practicalities of set up. I fully understand about loading FPP on the BBB, but Iwas watching someone set up from Xlights visualizer (they were using the Falcon controllers), and it all seemed very very simple. Although as you all know there is no option to choose the "Hanson Pb16" controllers on the Xlight controller tab. Upshot is... Is there a very simple set up/crib sheet for setting up the PB/BBB 16 and expansion cards in a practical sense with the bonus of utilising Xlights... Many thanks Scott for sharing this great project.
    The beagle bone black has a different pInout and footprint from the pocketbeagle. The pb16 board accommodates a pocket beagle only. The multi expansion board connects to the pb16 not to a BBB. Is your plan to have a breakout board that jumpers the BBB pins to the expansion board or something like that?

As for xlights there is no difference it can auto configure any FPP based controller. You will need to use the web interface on FPP to setup /enable the outputs on the PB16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

There is another board that Scott did for the BEagle Bone Black.. it is in the GitHub..under BBB16. So there isn’t the issue that is suggested in your reply as I am expecting (and am sure that Scott made this so..)that the BBB16 board is compatible with the expansion boards and all other items in the GitHub. My question related really the ease of setting this up in Xlights, especially using the visualiser where ( I don’t think) the PB16 board would be a choice and thus a bit more tricky to map the port outputs.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast