Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

I guess I forgot to put it in the manual but it is a requirement to get blue PCB's.

What WIFI adapter are you using? I cannot get any of mine to work with FPP 3.2.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby View Post
    Kudos Scott.
    The boards came today and I put one together, they are very easy to assemble and well laid out. Easy to configure.

Now to connect some strings and see how the whole FPP master / slave setup is going to work for me.

Thanks again for all of your hard work and your willingness to share.

Don
    Attachment 41729
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scooter_seh View Post
    I guess I forgot to put it in the manual but it is a requirement to get blue PCB's.

Thanks,

That's funny, I actually meant to get blue PCBs but I forgot to select it until after I had started checkout. The WiFi adapter is a RealTek ( I got it HERE).

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so if I am going to connect this to a router, and send it information via ethernet, do I still need to pocket beagle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    Ok, so if I am going to connect this to a router, and send it information via ethernet, do I still need to pocket beagle?
    The pocket beagle is the "brains" of the board, the board is built around it.
    FPP would use it as a remote and have all your sequences uploaded onto the sdcard for playback locally from the pocket beagle. Wifi would only be used to sync the packets and to administer the board (upload sequences).
    Not sure if you could use a USB to RJ45 and run it as a stand alone E131 controller???
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

You need a USB to Ethernet adapter or Wifi adapter to connect the controller to your network. Then it can be run in Master or Remote or Bridge mode.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    The pocket beagle is the "brains" of the board, the board is built around it.
    FPP would use it as a remote and have all your sequences uploaded onto the sdcard for playback locally from the pocket beagle. Wifi would only be used to sync the packets and to administer the board (upload sequences).
    Not sure if you could use a USB to RJ45 and run it as a stand alone E131 controller???
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

You need a USB to Ethernet adapter or Wifi adapter to connect the controller to your network. Then it can be run in Master or Remote or Bridge mode.
    Ok, so hardwired to my network, then I wont need the pocket beagle.

Post Thanks / Like

For this board, the PocketBeagle is ALWAYS required. Without it, it will do nothing. The PB is the main/only processor that handles pretty much everything.
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

What adapters are you trying? Any of the "150MB" and "300MB" 2.4ghz only adapters should work fine. Anything other that is likely very hit or miss. You can try turning on the Kernel drivers which may allow more of them to work.

If you can determine which chip they use, (lsusb -v and the lookup the vendor/product id's) let me know and I can try and see if a driver can be added. Some are fairly easy to get working if I can find a driver. It just takes a bunch of time to build the drivers.
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying an edimax the other day and it wasn't working but today it is working. I guess it was an user error.

Quote Originally Posted by dkulp View Post
    What adapters are you trying? Any of the "150MB" and "300MB" 2.4ghz only adapters should work fine. Anything other that is likely very hit or miss. You can try turning on the Kernel drivers which may allow more of them to work.

If you can determine which chip they use, (lsusb -v and the lookup the vendor/product id's) let me know and I can try and see if a driver can be added. Some are fairly easy to get working if I can find a driver. It just takes a bunch of time to build the drivers.
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered 5 boards from JLCPCB, I probably won't be using them this year but will definitely test in February.
    Now to ask Santa and family for Amazon gift cards this Xmas so I can get a few Pocket Beagle's! LOL
    Thanks for the design Scott! and a big thanks to Dan for supporting the beagles in FPP.
    I find it unbelievable there are still guys that contribute so openly and freely to the community! You guys rock!
    Phil

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast