Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    As the person that painted the power leds on his buck converters black because they made to much light, is there a way to turn off that huge power led?
    Should just be able to remove it from the board. Or not solder it on in the first place if building from scratch. Or you could look for some with a smaller light output if they're too bright for you.
    Oh yeah, like uke said, you wouldn't need the resistors either.
    ||
    \/
    Last edited by Glycerine; 05-10-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly right.
    If you look you will always see a status LED to be paired with a dropping resistor to bring down the current so the led doesn't burn out.
    These can be omitted in almost all cases or replaced with a led that has a lower lumen rating.
    This is true of almost all boards you encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Should just be able to remove it from the board. Or not solder it on in the first place if building from scratch. Or you could look for some with a smaller light output if they're too bright for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Very cool. Thank you for your efforts into this.

Post Thanks / Like

My boards arrived today. Can't wait to get ahold of all the components.
    Anyone happen to build the BOMS from Arrow.com that they would be willing to share.

Thanks,
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sctwohig View Post
    My boards arrived today. Can't wait to get ahold of all the components.
    Anyone happen to build the BOMS from Arrow.com that they would be willing to share.

Thanks,
    Shawn
    I did not have much luck finding what I needed with Arrow. If you have 2 month to wait until parts arrive, you can find most of it on Alli Express and save alot of money. I did order 1 BOM from Digikey ( minus what I already had) and it arrived within the week minus some resistor arrays that were backordered and came in a month or so later. This was also back in February or late January when things were failing apart overseas. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

I had to source from Arrow, Tayda, and Digikey. Once it comes in and I can verify I will be glad to share.

Post Thanks / Like

So I finished my first PB16 which all the pixel ports appear to work fine. I am having a problem with the eprom.bin file. I downloaded from Github then used FPP to upload to the uploads folder. The progress bar races across the screen and the abort button changes to close but no file appears in the window above and I cannot find it following Scottís instructions using PuTTY. Anyone have an idea of what I may be doing wrong? Not sure that I even need the .bin file as everything appears to be working fine so far. I am running FPP 3.6.2. P.S. was there a change that prevents accessing the PocketBeagle using a USB cable and IP 192.168.7.2? I had to use a USB network adapter to connect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried it too and it doesn't seem to work. If you upgrade to the FPP 4.0 beta, Dan added support for flashing the EEPROM bin through the web GUI. If not, you can copy the bin file to the pocketbeagle using windows explorer by going to "\\IP_ADDRESS\fpp" and dragging the file to that folder. Then it should appear in the media directory when running the "ls" command in putty. If you need additional help I can jump into zoom and help run the commands.

Thanks,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by aclarksr View Post
    So I finished my first PB16 which all the pixel ports appear to work fine. I am having a problem with the eprom.bin file. I downloaded from Github then used FPP to upload to the uploads folder. The progress bar races across the screen and the abort button changes to close but no file appears in the window above and I cannot find it following Scottís instructions using PuTTY. Anyone have an idea of what I may be doing wrong? Not sure that I even need the .bin file as everything appears to be working fine so far. I am running FPP 3.6.2. P.S. was there a change that prevents accessing the PocketBeagle using a USB cable and IP 192.168.7.2? I had to use a USB network adapter to connect.

Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Thank you for a great diy pixel controller option. The File Explorer option worked just fine uploading the .bin file. I havenít tried the serial or expansion ports yet but have no doubt they will perform flawlessly (unless I bridged a solder joint somewhere). Next to assemble the differential expansion board and a couple receivers. Thank you

Last edited by aclarksr; Today at 08:20 PM.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223