Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 229

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Delaware, OH
    Posts
    4,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    EXCELLENT !
    Thanks for the regen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby View Post
    Looking at the Schematic, resistors R1,2,and 3 are clearly 120 Ohm.

    It appears the BOM in the root is an older version - regenerating the BOM from current PB16 files lists these as 120's, making the PCB silkscreen correct.

    /Don

    Attachment 42759

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    When I first designed the PCB I used 220 ohms. I don't really know why, I choose that value, I think I just misread the internet. I then found out later that 120 ohms is the optimal value. I updated the PCB, and I forgot to fix the BOM. 220 ohm is close enough that you probably won't have an issue if you use it (all 5 my PCB's have 220).
    Scott H.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter_seh View Post
    When I first designed the PCB I used 220 ohms. I don't really know why, I choose that value, I think I just misread the internet. I then found out later that 120 ohms is the optimal value. I updated the PCB, and I forgot to fix the BOM. 220 ohm is close enough that you probably won't have an issue if you use it (all 5 my PCB's have 220).
    Those particular resistors are for the 2 dmx/serial outputs, right?

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Those particular resistors are for the 2 dmx/serial outputs, right?
    R3 appears to be a ballast resistor for the 5 volt power LED.

    R1 and R2 look to be terminating resistors for the RS485 (DMX) lines to prevent data loss from reflection, there's a great tutorial on reflection in a differential bus HERE



    Resistors.jpg

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby View Post
    R3 appears to be a ballast resistor for the 5 volt power LED.

    R1 and R2 look to be terminating resistors for the RS485 (DMX) lines to prevent data loss from reflection, there's a great tutorial on reflection in a differential bus HERE



    Resistors.jpg
    Ok, cool. Thanks. I'm just thinking that I will never use the DMX on my controllers anyway, so I'm not too worried about swapping out resistors right now.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    One more quick question. Can I expect to be able to run 700/1400 pixels on each port of the diff receivers as well?

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    One more quick question. Can I expect to be able to run 700/1400 pixels on each port of the diff receivers as well?
    Yes
    Scott H.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter_seh View Post
    Yes
    Thanks!

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    Me again. I'm working on soldering up a multi out expansion board, V2. This may have already been discussed, but for the expansion header, I think the silkscreen is incorrect. Mine shows that the header notch should face up, but I'm thinking it should face down?

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Me again. I'm working on soldering up a multi out expansion board, V2. This may have already been discussed, but for the expansion header, I think the silkscreen is incorrect. Mine shows that the header notch should face up, but I'm thinking it should face down?

    This might be what your referring to


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •