Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Correct. I change it all the time when aligning parts on boards, but in schematic layout, where there is no snap-to-pin and with most symbols using 50 mil pin spacing, it's helpful to know what grid was used if not the default. Most of the pins don't seem to be aligning with any of the standard grids so I figured I would ask to make sure I wasn't missing something specific to these.

Post Thanks / Like

I have made a "Single_Receiver_Out" PCB. It uses two pins for data, 2 pins for power, and 2 for ground. The sender PCB is the "Pwr_Diff_Expansion". The power can be sent over the cat5 pins for both the Single_Receiver PCB and pixels or you can power the PCB by backfeeding the pixel ports power pin. I plan to use if for pixel I am installing in my screen porch.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

So i order my bored and all the parts back in 2019 but never got around to soldering it all together due to life getting in the way, I finally decided to make a start last night in preparation for 2021. Nothing like starting early.

I'v deiced to build some of the expansion boards but going to go down the Chinese market place for parts to save money. I'm finding it really difficult to find the 8pin network resisters in 120 and 150 ohms. They all seem to be differs values or 9 pins. Has anyone else been able to find these? (Im in the UK by the way)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curtisfeatures View Post
    So i order my bored and all the parts back in 2019 but never got around to soldering it all together due to life getting in the way, I finally decided to make a start last night in preparation for 2021. Nothing like starting early.

I'v deiced to build some of the expansion boards but going to go down the Chinese market place for parts to save money. I'm finding it really difficult to find the 8pin network resisters in 120 and 150 ohms. They all seem to be differs values or 9 pins. Has anyone else been able to find these? (Im in the UK by the way)
    Seems like I ended up just ordering all of my parts from Digikey. Maybe some from Arrow as well. But I'm in the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Seems like I ended up just ordering all of my parts from Digikey. Maybe some from Arrow as well. But I'm in the USA.
    I did order most of my parts from digikey the first time round. Iím in no rush to get the parts so thought I would try AliExpress to get all the parts for for about a third of the price for greater qtys. I might just have to split the order. There are electronic sites in the uk but you have to pay a handling fee for small orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Anyone know?
    What about running different voltages per side of the board??

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was not able to find them at Alli either. I thought I had found some 120 ohm 8 pin but they were not set up the way I needed them to be. Instead of being 120 ohm between 2 pins, they were 120 ohm from pin 1 out to any of the other pins. You want isolated not bussed.
    When I ask the seller if they had the isolated not the bussed, they had no idea what I was talking about.
    I ended up ordering from DigiKey or Arrow, not sure which.

res_array.png
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI, I bought all components with exception of the 3 pin connectors from digikey as well.
    Found a good store on aliexpress for the connectors if anyone is interested:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3302...27424c4d3I407N
    Think it was 26$ cdn for 50 plugs and 50 connectors.....
    Shipping included.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rayhjr View Post
    I was not able to find them at Alli either. I thought I had found some 120 ohm 8 pin but they were not set up the way I needed them to be. Instead of being 120 ohm between 2 pins, they were 120 ohm from pin 1 out to any of the other pins. You want isolated not bussed.
    When I ask the seller if they had the isolated not the bussed, they had no idea what I was talking about.
    I ended up ordering from DigiKey or Arrow, not sure which.

res_array.png
    Ye i was going to try going down that route of asking them but going on past experiences with the Chinese Market place i know better not to go down that rabbit hole.

Think i have found some from a German supplier, got to pay £9 delivery but i will just order a bunch of them at only 9p each. Might even start an Ali express store :P

How did you find finding the IC chips? Im not electronics expert so i bought the exact model that was on ali express but im not sure if other ones would have worked which looked and sounded the same (minus the exact part number)
    Last edited by Curtisfeatures; 12-03-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    Just an FYI, I bought all components with exception of the 3 pin connectors from digikey as well.
    Found a good store on aliexpress for the connectors if anyone is interested:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3302...27424c4d3I407N
    Think it was 26$ cdn for 50 plugs and 50 connectors.....
    Shipping included.

These are the connecters that i have previously purchases and used again this time. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3282...41154c4dQp2skZ

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast