Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

PocketBeagles from Amazon are WAY WAY too expensive.... Arrow.com is about 40% cheaper with faster shipping (overnight).
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkulp View Post
    PocketBeagles from Amazon are WAY WAY too expensive.... Arrow.com is about 40% cheaper with faster shipping (overnight).
    I noticed the price difference and thought what the heck. That's where I will get mine, but there is no overnight shipping where I live. I am lucky if my 2 day prime arrives in 2 days.

Post Thanks / Like

I created a adapter board to drive a single remote receiver board. I uploaded all the files to the github in the Quad_Diff_Out folder. The v1 PCB in the picture had a mistake that I had to fix with the extra wire. The current gerber files are v2 which has this fixed.

https://github.com/computergeek1507/.../Quad_Diff_Out

Quad_Diff_Out3.jpgQuad_Diff_Out2.png
    Last edited by scooter_seh; 10-02-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work on the remote driver board Scott. I'll try a few of those as well.

Going back to the WLAN on the PB16, I'm beginning to see an issue with it also as you did.

When I built the first board it worked very well on initial setup and testing, but then began to have issues where I would lose connectivity and it would take a long time to come back on a reboot. I've now built my second board and I'm seeing the same thing; good performance for about an hour or two and then it starts dropping connections and then finally won't even associate to pull an IP on boot. Replacing the 802 dongle restores function, but the timer starts all over again and in about an hour it fails. The dongle gets pretty warm too but the wired dongle is rock solid for days.

/Don

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see bugs being worked out with this. Can't wait to build mine and check it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Received my boards today.....I, of course opted for Blue! LOL
    I don't expect to start putting together the BOM until after Christmas but I am really looking forward to building these.
    I actually have more fun assembling boards than building props or sequencing....Wish there were others close to me that love this stuff.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

@ DrNeutron; Touche sir

I now have three boards assembled (yes, in green) and these will be the core of this years' show. Still struggling with a few things but optimistic.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome.
    Keep us updated on how they work and what issues if any you run into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Scott, I've noticed the GitHub PCB files have been updated to include a DMX/LOR switch on Serial 1 and two push-buttons near the DC-DC converter. Can you give us a rundown on these changes?

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Supergumby View Post
    Hey Scott, I've noticed the GitHub PCB files have been updated to include a DMX/LOR switch on Serial 1 and two push-buttons near the DC-DC converter. Can you give us a rundown on these changes?

Don
    After our discussion, I reevaluated the serial circuit and talked to an electrical engineer friend about it. The original design(1.0e and below, 1.0d is the "most common") attached both pins 1/2 and 5/4 to the serial driver chip. This was intended to make RJ45 jack work with the standard LOR and DMX pinout. This could also cause an issues as it leaves the to unused twisted pair of wires unterminated. This has the potential of creating noises on the serial line. With the new 1.0f revision I made separate serial pinouts and they can be selected via the switch. I made a similar change to the DMX2 Renard/DMX poart as well. It also required removing the GND line for the Renard pinout but in theory it should work without the GND. On the 1.0e boards there are a could things you can try to avoid serial issues. Only using the screw terminals DMX2 port is the easiest option if you only need one DMX out. If using the RJ45 in the Renard pinout mode, it should work fine. If you need to use the RJ45 connectors for DMX, the best option is to cut pins 4 and 5 in the ethernet cable as close as possible to the RJ45 connector. I personally have not had any issues but I only use a Renard controller with DMX firmware and DMX flood lights. With the new 1.0f revision I added some other features to make the controller easier to use. I added an EEPROM for flashing the shield configuration file so you do not have to add it manually. I made a breakout for a EEPROM as well to use on the 1.0d/e PCBs. I also added push buttons for use with the OLED. These buttons are currently not enabled in the PB16-eeprom.bin and do not work at this time. I have been trying to convince the FPP team to enable the push buttons for my controller but they have declined so far. I hope in the future they will change their mind and the buttons can be enabled with a new EEPROM file. I have not ordered any of the 1.0f PCB's yet for testing so I cannot guarantee if it is working correctly. I have 5 built up controllers already of the 1.0c/d revisions and 7 spare 1.0d PCB's so I do not know if I will be order any of the new PCB's for a while. If anyone does want to order the new PCB, I confident it will work, but I know I sometimes make mistakes. If you run into any issues please let me know. I also included the EEPROM breakout board files. It attaches on the RTC header. I have some spares I can sell if anyone is interested.

https://github.com/computergeek1507/...r/I2C_Breakout

Thanks,
    Scott H.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast