Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP PB16 Pixel Controller

Quote Originally Posted by scootchu View Post
    Great work Scott. What are the resistors on the outputs? 33ohm? I noticed that I can get longer cable lengths with your controllers with 33ohm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I have switched everything to use 33 ohm resistors.
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjinja View Post
    Are you thinking of adding audio and the FM transmitter like the Kulp boards?
    I may add headers to add an audio or FM board from Adafruit or Sparkfun. I don't really want to add all the additional components for something I don't think will be widely used. Audio circuit are hard to design and debug so I would rather just use someone else's design.
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scooter_seh View Post
    I may add headers to add an audio or FM board from Adafruit or Sparkfun. I don't really want to add all the additional components for something I don't think will be widely used. Audio circuit are hard to design and debug so I would rather just use someone else's design.
    And most of the audio chips with support in FPP/Linux are completely out of stock everywhere.....
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't you just use a USB hub and put any USB soundcard (that has driver support of course) on it already that way?

All of my boards and all but one of my parts arrived (I screwed up and substituted a USB connector that was cheaper, but had a completely different footprint - stupid mistake). That was a LOT of soldering to solder together 5 base boards, 5 diff expansions, and 20 diff output boards (ok, I only soldered 10 diff output boards so far). Still need to do all the fuses, and the large expansion connectors (need to double check that the notches are the right way around, as I bought sockets that actually have notches, and ejectors - the fancy ones!)

20211004_161954.jpg

Oh, and also, I ordered the boards in "offical" blue, but I don't know if it's just me, but the blue soldermask is really hard to look at when soldering for a few hours straight. I also find it really hard to tell if the solder has flowed around the joint, or there's still an open hole there (though that might have to do with my lighting setup, and wearing a black shirt, not the blue mask, but somehow it seems a lot worse than the regular green)
    Last edited by bobsmith; 10-04-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on my own version to be compatible with my existing elements, I was basically hoping to see how you connect the FM transmitter and audio interface to the Beaglebone Black. I'm going to use 6x 10p headers with 5V, GND, and 8x channels, then breakout boards with 8x RJ45 with power for my elements. I bought the audio board from eBay with the pcm5102a on it, so I'll have just headers on my board, and I would like to add a GPIO expander. Is there a list of supported IO expanders?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I have uploaded a SMD Differential Receiver and SMD 16 Expansion. I order five SMD Differential Receiver from JLC PCB's with the surface mount assembly and DHL shipping was about $30. JLC does not do through hole, so I added those parts myself. They worked as expected (they are only "dumb" receivers). I also got the raw BBB_16v2 PCB's and I will assemble one soon.

Attachment 44698
    I've been away from the forum for a while and just saw this. Very nice! I've never had JLCPCB add the components for me. Could someone quickly explain how I would place an order to include the parts/soldering?

Post Thanks / Like

I just made a github page explaining it for you. If you find any mistakes let me know.

https://github.com/computergeek1507/...ter/JLC_PCB.md

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I've been away from the forum for a while and just saw this. Very nice! I've never had JLCPCB add the components for me. Could someone quickly explain how I would place an order to include the parts/soldering?
    Scott H.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe I have everything figured out on my layout, at this time I don't know how to create an eeprom file. I was able to extract the files from some the eeprom files on github, and I can edit them to work for my needs, but reading fpp/doc/EEPROM.txt, I don't understand how to add the archive to the content section of the eeprom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

What is the status of the smart receiver? I noticed a version that uses the RPi Pico and curious about this.

Post Thanks / Like

I just made a github page explaining it for you. If you find any mistakes let me know.

https://github.com/computergeek1507/...ter/JLC_PCB.md
    Wow. THANK YOU!!

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast