Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enclosure for DIGWDF Four Stick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Enclosure for DIGWDF Four Stick

I am looking for enclosure ideas with the Four Stick. Currently I am using a 1-1/4 PVC pipe with cap on one end and screw cap on opposite end for plug wires to extend from. The whole thing looks very bulky. A 1" pipe would be better, but simply wont fit. Any other ideas than PVC?

Thanks

GP

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Enclosure for DIGWDF Four Stick

I run over a dozen rensticks, they've about the same size, best thing I found was the schedule 200 thin wall pvc. I looked at other options but did not come up with anything else. I think alot depends on where your putting it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if that sort of thing would be a good candidate for 3D printing.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

I use pill bottles for espixelsticks, might be able to go in a similar route. case.gif

Post Thanks / Like

The end caps are what makes it bulky. I use pvc pressure caps which fit inside the pipe. Cost only a few cents. Then all you see is the pipe.

Sorry, no pics for you, but I think you know what a bare pvc pipe looks like....

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a large toothbrush holder?? Maybe a remix of this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3170138 ???

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another way to do it. When I ran out of pressure caps, I used a heat gun to warm the end. Then I inserted an end cap for a 1/2" PVC and let it cool.

IMG_1415.jpg

I just use a couple zip ties to mount these on the back sides of a PVC prop, and they are virtually impossible to see from almost anywhere as they blend right into it.

The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I came up with on my 3D Printer... big pill bottle'ish container... Screw on lid. I have it chopped in 2 since my printer wont go that high (ender-2). Attached STL file
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as i get all my rensticks in their tubes, i m gonna put them on a table in the driveway and see if another nosy neighbor calls the police again about my pipe bombs. Yes, it did happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dim bulb View Post
    as soon as i get all my rensticks in their tubes, i m gonna put them on a table in the driveway and see if another nosy neighbor calls the police again about my pipe bombs. Yes, it did happen.
    classic!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast