Thread: My Sequence is Gone

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Sequence is Gone

Hi.

Just starting my first year with Vixen3. I'm running V3.6 #872.

I'm working on my second sequence all morning, I started it last night and saved often while I worked (Sequence --> Save). Shut down the program to go to church and when I came back to it this afternoon the only thing I have is a blank grid and the music track. Looking in the sequences folder I find both the sequence and the backup are the same 4k .tim files. My first sequence is still completely intact in the same directory.

Any idea what I did and how I can prevent it from happening again?

/Don

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Sequence is Gone

It would be pretty unusual for a sequence to be corrupted and still be able to open and have the audio file association. What is the date time on the file? Does it line up with the last time you recall saving it? Is it possible you might have saved it to somewhere else with the save as. Are there any logs in the Vixen 3\logs folder that we can look at for clues?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Sequence is Gone

Jeff, Thanks for the quick reply. I'm an idiot.

I had changed the audio track right after starting to work on the sequence and got scared it might cause problems with the file so I created a new sequence and did all of my work in that and then deleted the wrong .tim files from the profile. When I came back, I was opening the original with just the audio.

/Don