Thread: Daisy Chaining

Post Thanks / Like

Default Daisy Chaining

I am having trouble getting the right string of lights to light. When programming in vixen is one "string" of renard controllers just 1 controller or are they separate? I am working on a small mega tree. 8 strings. strings 1-4 with PX-1A and Strings 5-8 with PX-1B. The px-1s are daisy chained and programmed for 184 pixels each (4 strings of 46) If i connect 1 string to each I am expecting strings 1 and 5 to light. Does it work that way? If there are not pixel strings connected does the data go to the next set or does it drop? Is this just a problem with how I am testing? If I want to see string 5 light up do I have to have all the other ones connected? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Daisy Chaining

Daisy chained Renards look like a single controller to Vixen.

Each PX1 will grab all of the channels it is configured to grab and pass the rest of the data to the next controller (even if there is no next controller).

The PX1 will output data for all of its configured channels even if there are no LED Pixel strings attached to the controller.

If you connect 10 pixels (note I am NOT saying string since it is not a relevant term) to each PX1 then the data for the first 10 pixels assigned to each device will get displayed.

Each PX1 has a 'single' string attached to it. This string should be the same length as the configuration entered into the PX1. If more pixels are present then the remaining pixels will be in an undefined state. If fewer pixels are present then the extra data sent from the PX1 to the pixels will be discarded by the last pixel.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Daisy Chaining

OK thank you. It looks to me that even though it said it programmed correctly it did not. I can only get 50 pixels out of one of the PX1s but there are 188 I have tried to program it for. The other ones work find.