Thread: Luminoscity - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Default Luminoscity - 2019

Hello everyone! I've missed you all!
    I've been continuing to do my light show (Luminoscity) in the years of my absence from this site, but have sadly forgotten to keep in contact now that I am skilled enough to continue to improve my show year-to-year without needing help.
    Although I do get lots of help from my friends and family in terms of music choice, donating lights, construction, and teardown every year, Praise God!

Apologies. I'd love to become a more active member of this fantastic community that has helped me so much.
    Anyway, I'd appreciate your feedback on my latest videos from December 2018.

Note: the big star and the big boxes at the top of the video are enlargements of the elements you see right below them in the video. They are pixel attractions I designed and built, but you can't see the details from across the street where I filmed, so I added a blown-up picture-in-picture (if you will) of those pixel elements.

The videos in the below playlist are in order of my personal ranking of my own work with the best ones at the bottom of the list (in order of increasing pride haha).
    We Wish You a Merry Christmas, I Saw Three Ships, and Jungle of Nool are all brand new sequences as of 2018.

Main website:
    https://www.lightsofluminoscity.com/

Most recent videos:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...n-?usp=sharing

I know it's weird that the videos aren't on YouTube or Vimeo, but I just wanted to get away from the headache of copyright stuff, I actually have the permission of 2 of the artists to use their music, but Google didn't care and disabled my first account. Plus the videos are easy to download this way if you wanted.

I will get around to posting photos and videos of how I made my custom attractions like the 5-point snowflakes, presents, Megatree Star, and other things.
    But feel free to ask about anything in my show. There is a How It Works page on the website with some of the details. I like to think that I've found the most effective and cost efficient methods for doing certain parts of this hobby in my 13 years of experience with it.

For example, all of my solid state relays are hand-soldered (SSRez and SSROZ, kudos on the design of those if you are reading this) and housed in cheap enclosures with some homemade, yet effective, external weatherproofing technique I developed.
    What? This forum is called the Showing Off forum isn't it? :P

-Tim
    In 500 years, I may just finish all my projects and ideas that I have.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Luminoscity - 2019

Nice work Tim. This is just the motivation i needed to get started on this years show. I like how your sequences progressed from being hey look at this i can blink all these lights at the same time to just a few on at a time and flowing with the music.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Luminoscity - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by neonexpresso View Post
    Nice work Tim. This is just the motivation i needed to get started on this years show. I like how your sequences progressed from being hey look at this i can blink all these lights at the same time to just a few on at a time and flowing with the music.
    Thanks very much! Yeah, I haven't changed the original sequences I started with much except when I add lights, then I sequence the new attractions into the old song.

-Tim
    In 500 years, I may just finish all my projects and ideas that I have.